www.fenix-store.com
800-616-1326

Exceeding Customer Expectations

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-30%20at%203.06.10%20PM_zps2lmy6n4v.png

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Robust and long running from looks of it.
Good every day light for more common man, good fit for the masses.

For CPF people, could be a little higher performing.
Though I accept we're not targeted audience.

Lantern32

Enlightened
Yeah my malkoff is brighter than that, and they already seen conservative! lmao!

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
The E20 is designed for a simple interface. Basic Turbo-High-Med-Low.
None of the advanced features because not everyone wants those. Fenix is diligent to make a variety of lights for different environments...those requiring a long beam distance, high lumens, tactical, etc. The E20 is a "secondary" light for many but also the primary light for someone who just wants a general light for around the house or in the car. Need a lot of lumens? Fenix has many others this size that can pack the lumens. As you all know, Fenix has the ability to produce high lumens in compact lights.

Also, many people want a basic AA battery light. This is it. Then lastly, look at the price point!! Fenix is diligent to produce lights that are affordable to all.

Make sense? Hope this addressed all your comments. Want to add to this?

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E20 is a "secondary" light for many but also the primary light for someone who just wants a general light for around the house or in the car...

What do you think?

On paper, it looks like the Fenix E20 does a good job meeting the goals you describe. Ignoring the lack of a sub-lumen moonlight mode, the other modes are well spaced. I use a 3-lumen setting on much of my after dinner walk, but an 8-lumen low is not too bad. Although a super-high turbo mode would also be a plus, I don't think it is essential in this light. I value the longer runtimes of the other modes more than I would an augmented turbo mode.

The deal breaker for me is tint. If the E20 were available in a neutral version, I might buy one. For the present, at least, I am passing over anything that is not neutral.

Last edited:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
KeepingItLight: Thanks for sharing those thoughts. We are sending them to the Fenix design engineers.

markr6

Flashaholic
The deal breaker for me is tint. If the E20 were available in a neutral version, I might buy one. For the present, at least, I am passing over anything that is not neutral.

I'd buy two right away if a neutral was available. Just a nice basic light to keep around.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
KeepingItLight

Fenix responded your to input with the following request. Please let us know your ideas:

"Could you please ask the customer for more details regarding the customer's specific demand for the flashlight? For EDC, hiking or any outdoor activities?

And any special request for the neutral light? What activities will the customer used for with a neutral light? Please advise."

On paper, it looks like the Fenix E20 does a good job meeting the goals you describe. Ignoring the lack of a sub-lumen moonlight mode, the other modes are well spaced. I use a 3-lumen setting on much of my after dinner walk, but an 8-lumen low is not too bad. Although a super-high turbo mode would also be a plus, I don't think it is essential in this light. I value the longer runtimes of the other modes more than I would an augmented turbo mode.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
KeepingItLight

Fenix responded your to input with the following request. Please let us know your ideas:

"Could you please ask the customer for more details regarding the customer's specific demand for the flashlight? For EDC, hiking or any outdoor activities?

And any special request for the neutral light? What activities will the customer used for with a neutral light? Please advise."

Hello Fenix-Store,

Thanks for forwarding my comments to Fenix Light.

My story is this. During a power outage a few months ago, I found alkaline goo in three of my flashlights. They were all old incandescents and 5mm-LED models. I decided it was time for an upgrade. I also decided to do some research. In short order, I was a member of CandlepowerForums and BudgetLightForum. I was—and still am—a know-nothing, but I have done quite a bit of studying.

Walking (on county roads), hiking, and camping are a big part of my flashlight use. I also need a new LED headlamp and lantern for camping and power outages. In addition, I have identified several other needs, to wit, EDC, EDC backup, general purpose, automobile glove box, nightstand light, and backup household lights. One by one, I am slowing buying new LED models for all of these needs. As yet, I have not found a need for a big thrower.

As a trained photographer, I understand and see light in the way that photographers do. Influenced by my training, I determined early on that my primary interest is in neutral-white flashlights. The old adage that you must trade neutral tint for high output is no longer true. For any lumen amount up to 3000 and more, I can find a mid-level flashlight with a neutral tint to meet the need.

I also appreciate high-CRI.

I am attracted to the Fenix E20 as a moderately priced, good quality, 2xAA flashlight. I like its mode spacing. Although I have not seen any reviews as yet, I expect that it will feature flat, well-regulated output at all levels. Fenix has earned my respect for the good regulation it employed on earlier editions of the E20.

I am looking to acquire one or two such flashlights, and power them with lithium primary batteries (Energizer Ultimate Lithium). These will become emergency flashlights, one in a drawer by my bed, and the other low in the center console of my car. My plan is to put them there, and then just forget about them. If I pull one out in a couple of years, I expect it to work.

I have a slew of Eneloop Pro batteries. Using those, I would use the E20 for nighttime walks, household lights, and possibly as an EDC backup (stored in my daypack). For pocket carry, however, the E20 is too big for EDC.

I would not mind trying out the Fenix E20. Today, in fact, I recommended it (and the Fenix-Store) to a member of CandlepowerForums.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,
KeepingItLight at CandlepowerForums

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I prefer my old single mode e20. I hate going through multiple modes to get high.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Yes, that is a comment by many. Fenix has some lights which don't have memory and come on in the high more first. Then there are others that come on in the lower mode. Maybe you can find one that powers up in high so you won't have to cycle through the modes. Thanks for your comment.

I prefer my old single mode e20. I hate going through multiple modes to get high.

PartyPete

Enlightened
I'd be willing to do a thorough testing if you have any extras laying around. ;)

Seriously though, I like the simplicity. Modes are spaced well, clicky is good, lo to hi is good and runs on common AA. Looks like a winner.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
KeepingItLight
We have heard from Fenix. Here is their response:

Glad to know that the E20 will be a good choice and daily partner for this customer. As this customer is a trained photographer, here I would like to recommend the upcoming FD40 (the first Fenix focusing light) for supplementary lighting and focusing when shooting, which is powered by 1*18650 or 1*26650 battery and its highest output is 960 lumens.
Definitely, if the customer wants the EDC lights which can be put into pocket, I think LD11/LD09/LD02/E12/E05SS/E05/E01 will be more better for daily use. Also, the LD09 2015 will be released very soon, which will be powered by 1*AA battery and compatible with 14500 Li-ion Rechargeable battery.
Hope the above information helps. Thanks again, KeepItLight.

Hello Fenix-Store,

Thanks for forwarding my comments to Fenix Light.

My story is this. During a power outage a few months ago, I found alkaline goo in three of my flashlights. They were all old incandescents and 5mm-LED models. I decided it was time for an upgrade. I also decided to do some research. In short order, I was a member of CandlepowerForums and BudgetLightForum. I was—and still am—a know-nothing, but I have done quite a bit of studying.

Walking (on county roads), hiking, and camping are a big part of my flashlight use. I also need a new LED headlamp and lantern for camping and power outages. In addition, I have identified several other needs, to wit, EDC, EDC backup, general purpose, automobile glove box, nightstand light, and backup household lights. One by one, I am slowing buying new LED models for all of these needs. As yet, I have not found a need for a big thrower.

As a trained photographer, I understand and see light in the way that photographers do. Influenced by my training, I determined early on that my primary interest is in neutral-white flashlights. The old adage that you must trade neutral tint for high output is no longer true. For any lumen amount up to 3000 and more, I can find a mid-level flashlight with a neutral tint to meet the need.

I also appreciate high-CRI.

I am attracted to the Fenix E20 as a moderately priced, good quality, 2xAA flashlight. I like its mode spacing. Although I have not seen any reviews as yet, I expect that it will feature flat, well-regulated output at all levels. Fenix has earned my respect for the good regulation it employed on earlier editions of the E20.

I am looking to acquire one or two such flashlights, and power them with lithium primary batteries (Energizer Ultimate Lithium). These will become emergency flashlights, one in a drawer by my bed, and the other low in the center console of my car. My plan is to put them there, and then just forget about them. If I pull one out in a couple of years, I expect it to work.

I have a slew of Eneloop Pro batteries. Using those, I would use the E20 for nighttime walks, household lights, and possibly as an EDC backup (stored in my daypack). For pocket carry, however, the E20 is too big for EDC.

I would not mind trying out the Fenix E20. Today, in fact, I recommended it (and the Fenix-Store) to a member of CandlepowerForums.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,
KeepingItLight at CandlepowerForums

Phlogiston

Enlightened
... the upcoming FD40 (the first Fenix focusing light) ... which is powered by 1*18650 or 1*26650 battery and its highest output is 960 lumens ...

Fenix is going to do an 18650 / 26650 focusing light?

Finally, a company that knows how to do it right, instead of having to choose between cheap BoomFire lights that break, or LED Lensers that aren't officially rated for rechargeable cells (or use proprietary battery packs).

I'm going to be very interested in the FD40 :)

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking light with a simple UI, has a reverse clicky which I prefer, and uses common batteries. I am considering getting a couple to have as loaner and emergency lights but it not being neutral tint is holding me back, I really like a nice 4000K tint

Last edited: