What's your favorite beer?

Kristofg

Enlightened
Re: What\'s your favorite beer?

Domestic : Lindemans Kriek (beer brewn with cherries)
Imported : Almradler (kind of a combination of Tiroler sportsdrink, but with beer. It's produced as this, not self-mixed)

torment

Newly Enlightened

Heineken Special Dark...i used to love regular Heineken, but I enjoyed this 10x.

Michelob Amber Bock...smooth as hell. Goes down like candy :]

Ordin_Aryguy

Newly Enlightened

St. Pauli Girl... You never forget your first girl!

Really leaned to like the Leinenkugel (sp?) Bock when I spent that "fuzzy year" in Minnesota.

Ordin

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

Aschaffenburger.....I tried to drink them dry when I was stationed in Aschaffenburg, Germany when I was in the US Army back in the '60's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Kristofg

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Joe Talmadge said:
Kristofg: I love lambics. I only get them in bottles, can't imagine what they taste like when they're fresh.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am going to shamefully admit that for a country of beer brewers, most of my knowledge about beers comes from Michael jacksons book which I got for Christmas two years ago. I'm still trying out a new kind every few weeks. And thus far I seem to only like the sweet variations. The worst in my opinion is the kind of table beer which seems to be the new rage to replace lemonade during dinner. It's a revival of the table beers from 50 years ago, but that stuff tastes like fermented dishwasher water.

I've got a question for the US residents thoug, does McDonalds serve beer in the US like it does here in Belgium?

B@rt

Flashaholic

Wow, I didn't know they served beer in Belgium McDonalds...
If you are anywhere near Baarle Hertog, visit the beer store there... they carry an amazing number of different beers there , and they have a "TASTING ROOM" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif... Yummi... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thik it is the last one I drank. Because there aint no more, and now that it is gone I wished I had it back.

Darell

Flashaholic

Wow, I have lots of 'em.

Most common: Sudwerk Martzen (brewed 150 feet from my house)
Veltins in Germany
Anchor Steam in San Francisco
Most micro brews from Mendocino County
Very little from major US mfgs, and that goes double for Hawaii! (Sam Adams is one of the exceptions)
I could list maybe 100 micro brews that nobody outside of the SF Bay area would have heard of...
I'm not gonna write a novel here... I like beer. I like good beer. I don't drink beer for the alcohol, I drink it because I really like it.

Samoan

Enlightened

Depends on my mood.

Pacifico Clara *ice* cold after a show.
Guinness - If I can handle something substantial
Live Oak Pils - Local brew.

-Fernando

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Baltika Porter. Brewed in St. Petersburg. Delicious and only $1 per 16.9 ounces.

Wilkey

Kristofg

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
B@rt said:
Wow, I didn't know they served beer in Belgium McDonalds...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's even stated on their website :
Het bier wordt bij McDonald's lekker koel getapt en wordt geleverd door Interbrew. U krijgt afhankelijk van het restaurant Stella™ of Jupiler™ geserveerd. De bezoekers van het McDonald's-restaurant aan de Beurs in Brussel krijgen Maes™ aangeboden en de klanten van het restaurant in Aalst genieten van Safir™.

So depending on which McDonalds you visit, you get a different kind of beer.

Latest posts