Where do you get your lights?

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightguy, 4Sevens, Lighthound, CountyComm and GoingGear have seen most of my flashlight business in the last year or three.

fl0t

Enlightened
Most of my flashlights are from Light Junction. I have also used Unique Titanium, Going Gear, 4sevens, The Battery Station, Battery Junction. All of them great stores.
My parts are from Light Hound, Oveready, BugOutGear and The Sandwich Shoppe.

The CPF Marketplace is where you can find all the good stuff. Stock and custom.

I can't complain on any of these stores, they all offered good deals, good service, good communication and fast shipping.

I have bought on amazon or ebay when there is a chance for a good deal. But it is very rare.

Last edited:

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
I have been using GoingGear for most of my purchases, and can tell you that they are quick to ship, and have a great web site, with some of the best reivews out there.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
I usually check with light hound first, but there's a lot they don't have. So I have purchased from 4sevens, county comm, going gear, five mega, aw, and probably some others.

I like brick and motor stores but there aren't a lot of them. The gun shops usually have Surefire, the Indy 1500 gun and knife show usually has a lot of stuff, and target used to have some cool lights. Home depot is still good for 2C mags.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with the many of already posted about batteryjunction and lighthound. have had great service from both. recently ordered a ZL from goinggear and had very fast service too.

I know you didn't ask about LEDs and mod parts, but they are part of what I buy a lot of and I get those mostly from The Sandwich Shoppe, Cutter and Mouser.

Streamer

Enlightened
http://www.illuminationgear.com/

awesome prices. they also offer an 8% cpf forum discount! cheapest i could find for the zebralights, and you have a tracking number within an hour...maybe even minutes.

+1 !!! I've purchased from Tod at IlluminationGear three times in past couple months. Awesome service and attention to detail. Even gives CPF membership discount.

What I really like is the immediate and same day issuance of Tracking Number.
No guessing with these guys !

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I like brick and motor stores but there aren't a lot of them. The gun shops usually have Surefire, the Indy 1500 gun and knife show usually has a lot of stuff, and Target used to have some cool lights. Home depot is still good for 2C mags.

Target's flashlight section is a ghost of its former self. They went from an excellent selection to barely anything at all.

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mostly deal with budget lights so it's DX for me, but I do have to day the several orders I put with lighthound have shipped very quickly.

Danielsan

Enlightened
get mine from Hong Kong because in Germany everything is overpriced and the strong euro isnt a help either. For example the ZL H31 is in germany 80 Euro, i got it in Hong kong for 38 Euro, in the end i got it for free because i got my money back from paypal. The lowest mode wasnt working on my light and the chinese seller refused to pay the shipping costs to send it back to china, so paypal went into action :)

I dont accept to pay the shipping costs becaue it wasnt my fault

cuervoblur

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at techtoolsupply.com lots of stock, fast shipping.

Great prices on all the ITP lights, A sweet new one called the RTC-X580, CR123 batteries, 18650 & Chargers, nice bar mount, Petzl LED headlamps & an assortment of other work lights & headlamps.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lighthound (for batteries, Lumensfactory Bulbs)
CPF Marketplace for nearly everything else

My Muyshondt Aeon came from the Muyshondt webstore

S1LVA

Enlightened
Going Gear - lights and gear/accessories
Oveready - the ultimate site for custom lego parts and batteries
Battery Junction - lights

All of the above have excellent customer service!

I hang around CPF Marketplace for great deals on secondhand lights and parts.

S1LVA

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shiningbeam is great if you're looking for gift lights or beater lights. I consider his S-mini one of the best lights available at the $40 price point.

--flatline

Claireandtim

Newly Enlightened
The guys at Goinggear are awesome, very knowledgeable and helpful when you are trying to decide between a few lights. They always ship fast and are SO easy to work with. One other thing I like is the video reviews they do on most of the lights they sell. It's a good thing the retail store isn't close to me... I'd surely end up in divorce court.

richpalm

Banned
Take a look at techtoolsupply.com lots of stock, fast shipping.

Great prices on all the ITP lights, A sweet new one called the RTC-X580, CR123 batteries, 18650 & Chargers, nice bar mount, Petzl LED headlamps & an assortment of other work lights & headlamps.

I checked that site-dig those Rexford lights! Skillhunts? Pretty blue heatsinks and switch boots.