where to buy Panasonic 18650a?

CKOD

Enlightened
wow, US$13.95 each :S

i think i'd rather have the 2900mAh typical 18650 one, which is around US$4-5 each+shipping

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I dont know if panasonic changes wrappers or what, but those are definitely different then the 2900 mAh NCR18650 cells I pulled from a Toshiba pack

8619ce3b.jpg

caveat emptor

CKOD

Enlightened
Are those fresh today from the Toshiba pack? Shiny.

Thats only one cell there, rotated around, but yes brand new, pulled from NIB packs today, 11 others just like it. Seems like the only way to be sure of a cells legitimacy :-/ New food for http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/CKOD/lights/e779dd9f.jpg these guys, they were a little harsh on my DX pantsfire cells. I dont even have to break out a welder, just leave the tabs long and solder what needs to be soldered.

The PA3832U-1BRS pack is rated at 6200 mAh, so it 6 3100mAh cells, and if Toshiba is in cahoots with Panasonic, its most likely the NCR18650A cells. Though I suspect the threadstarter doesnt want to spend $100-120+ on 6 cells. Though you never know what may be available locally as far as discounts etc...

No reason for me to favor Toshiba battery packs other then that they list them by the mAh capacity instead of watt-hour capacity which makes searching easier. "6200 mAh 6 cell pack" and "5800 mAh 6 cell pack" both turn up lots of toshiba results on google.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been thinking the same thing myself.

I work for an IT company, so I can get things wholesale :) . I'm going to chase a 6200mAh pack from my Toshiba parts supplier and strip it down. I should be able to get 6 3100mAh cells for about $15-$20 each :D

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mvyrmnd you can't just come on here and quote like prices like that. Think about the rest of us!

Sugarboy

Banned
I dont know if panasonic changes wrappers or what, but those are definitely different then the 2900 mAh NCR18650 cells I pulled from a Toshiba pack

8619ce3b.jpg

caveat emptor

yes, panasonic does change the wrapper, at least according to those sellers:)
yours are the older batches

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mvyrmnd you can't just come on here and quote like prices like that. Think about the rest of us!

What makes it worse is that it's illegal for me to post Li-Ion batteries by air, so I can only pass on the savings to fellow Australians, if they're willing to wait a week for road transport :)

Shadow352008

Newly Enlightened
I've been thinking the same thing myself.

I work for an IT company, so I can get things wholesale :) . I'm going to chase a 6200mAh pack from my Toshiba parts supplier and strip it down. I should be able to get 6 3100mAh cells for about $15-$20 each :D

Personally, I go to the local Goodwill store and buy computer batteries for $1.00 each and usually get 12 cells for my $1.00. So far I haven't found even one bad cell.

If your Toshiba pack is listed as a 14.8 volt output, I think that you will find 12 cells, not 6 and they will be about 2100mAh each. At least that is what I've found in all the ones I've broken down. I just opened a Toshiba pack listed as 14.8 volts and 6450mAh. I have 12 cells in 4 packs in series with 3 cells in parallel in each pack which means 2150 mAh for each cell.

I don't believe that you are going to find 3000mAh or over cells in a laptop pack. (Of course I could be wrong as I frequently am - LOL)

Last edited: