Which knife do you edc???

dtsoll

Enlightened
Right now, I'm carrying a Benchmade 921S I aquired right here on this forum some time back. It is nice but I ordered a couple BM 556's which should be here any day!! I just don't think you can beat the mini for every day carry, it just feels good in the hand and pocket. I've had a few that I have either traded or sold and always end up regretting not having the mini. I think I'll get a Cabelas D2 mini down the road also! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

knifebright

Enlightened
At the moment i'm edc'ng a microtech UT6-2 sinle edge but i've got a UTX-70 carbon fiber on the way. I think the UTX-70 should be a cool edc for its small size, light weight (carbon fiber handle). The UT6-2 is really nice but it's really hard to get out of my pocket cause of the nonslip aluminum risers on the handle. Guess there doing there job
jimmy

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which pocket? You mean some people carry only one! Going to work edc: Front right, spydie delica w/carbon fiber handles. Change pocket, it's little brother...or perhaps little sister? Spyderco ladybug, also with carbon fiber. Rear left, Microtech large manual socom. Can you really have too many knives and lights?

cognitivefun

Enlightened
varies...sometimes Strider SnG or SMF, sometimes BM Ritter mini-Grip or Grip, sometimes Manix, sometimes BM 630 Skirmish, occasionally Sebenza small regular, often KaBar Dozier folding hunter, sometimes BM Monochrome...

StanTeate

Enlightened
Have a Microtech Vector is a nice balance between size and weight. The Mini Socom is a bit small and light for my hands but the Socom is large and I like the weight. So the vector is smallish but heavier. The Kestrel achieves the same thing but is less intimidating, to me.
My two cents worth.

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
Spyderco Spyderench. It is heavy in my pocket. A couple of times when I've really had to do tough cutting the tool opens a little (not dangerous, just annoying). Its a compromise, but a lot less bulky than the multitools I've carried in the past. I like carrying tools, but am trying to keep the bulging pockets and dangling belt items to a minimum to soothe the natives /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif .

Malpaso

Enlightened
A custom Benchmade 705 from Santa Fe Stoneworks, and a Spyderco Rescue.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry an EDI Genesis every day- to work, to church, to meetings, etc.
I went from Gerbers to Cold Steel to Spyderco to Benchmade and then to the EDI. After I started using Benchmades, I came to really like the pocket clip, thumbstud and linerlock, all of which my EDI also has.

The EDI is not made anymore although they are occasionally available on ebay. It has an ATS34 blade about 3.7" long, and G10 scales. It is no better than a Benchmade but I liked the blade and handle shape so I stuck with it.

TooTall

Newly Enlightened
Right now I'm carrying a Spyderco Calypso Jr., one of the newer ones with the gray scales. It has a nice size to it and is sharp as heck.

dtsoll

Enlightened
bwaites, that 940 is beautiful man!! I want a 940 but I'm afraid I wouldn't use one that nice. I better stick to a regular 940!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JoeBob

Newly Enlightened
Spyderco Dragonfly except in the shower, Endura if hiking, fishing
Leatherman Squirt P4 at work
Leatherman Wave (1st gen) the rest of the time.

sotyakr

Enlightened
Work EDC, Spyderco FRN Native CE, Leatherman Pulse and Micra (well, they've got knife blades...)
Other than that, Calypso PE (black scales) or Meerkat PE.
Plus a Ladybug 2 (SE) kept on the car/house keychain.

jtice

Flashaholic
MicroTech SOCOM
4th down
knife_collection.sized.jpg

I trade around a good bit though, but always come back to that one.

Latest posts