Who cares SureFire....

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
Understand this mtb: NO ONE WANTS YOU OR ANY OTHER MEMBER TO BE BANNED.

However, threads like this, which serve no practical purpose but to incite arguments and animosity in this community are not taken too kindly to.

That is why they typically are locked down quickly...NOTHING usful will come of it. It's not just a brand XYZ thing...threads about any topic that seem to be started just to cause problems are viewed the same.

It's not YOU, it's the style of your post.

Had you come on and said, "I dislike surefire product X for YYY reason", you would have had a very different response.

mtb416

Banned
thank you, peta

For the record, I did exactly as you advised NBP. I said I didn't buy surefire anymore because they lie about release dates and overprice their products. What was your point again?

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire make expensive flashlights, and I doubt I'd pay that kind of money for one that was rushed out to meet a deadline rather than one that took as long as necessary to get it right. I think the time it takes them to release something new is somewhat related to how good they are and why people can buy them with such confidence. You can't have it both ways.

mtb416

Banned
Simple, then surefire should not make false claims on their projected release dates. Untimely price hikes and missed deadlines are bad business practice, no way around it.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does SureFire just make products in laboratories, then take nice photos of them. Tell us how great their new lights are. Make real nice catalogues with all this new stuff. Then never release any of this new stuff. I have a catalog that is well over a year old now with all these new flashlights that have yet to be released. I wonder how long the ones in the new catalog will take to reach the market, 2 years from now? At the rate at which it is going now that will probably prove correct. In other words, I no longer waste my money with SureFire. Their BS supposed releases, not to mention BS price hikes. I stopped buying them after their last unwarranted price increase.

Not quite sure where you are coming from,.......I am guessing that you have bought SF products in the past, have taken the time and trouble to get yourself a catalogue to make a decision on which model SF you will buy next........and now you are disappointed with the fact that what you want is still not available......and the prices are going up while you are waiting.......Is this about it?

I guess that you have come across a little too strong in saying the above and upset many SF supporters here. I wonder what would have happened if the same comments were made about a popular Chinese (Asian) made flashlight company, would there be the same call to have this thread closed down.......a fair question

BTW, just received my first SF purchase in about six years, a KT2 turbo kit. This will be used on my Leef/BigLeef/fivemega bodies. I have already tried it out and love it.......beamshots will be coming as soon as I will receive some LF lamps.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simple, then surefire should not make false claims on their projected release dates. Untimely price hikes and missed deadlines are bad business practice, no way around it.

It's not like they're doing it to wind you up. I judge them by their existing products, not by the fact their flashlights don't always hit the shelves when they were expected to rather than when they're ready to.

As for their 'bad business practice', I don't think it's a big deal if they miss deadlines. Look on the bright side, with these 'untimely price hikes' it'll give us more time to save up for them when they are finally released. :D

flip

Enlightened
mtb416, I don't blame you for being angry with Surefire. You shouldn't waste any more of your money on their products. In fact, you should get rid of all of the Surefire products you wasted your money on. It would really show them if you sold them all here for just $1.00! Can you imagine how embarrassing that would be for Surefire! :D

Empath

Flashaholic
Mtb416, you've been with us for a year. In that time, you've posted 14 times. A review of those 14 posts shows nothing other than an obsessive campaigning against a single topic. Actually, it's nothing but trolling as described in this announcement.

:banned:

Troll thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts