Who's got an ipod touch, and how does CPF look on it?

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who's seen an ipod touch, and how does CPF look on it? I'm thinking about getting one.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2nd gen touch and use it to read cpf all the time... I didnt expect much more than an mp3 player out of the touch when i bought it but it has turned into a tool and a toy for me, use it constantly.

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
I have a 1st gen, but with the new firmware. CPF looks great. It handles most sites pretty well, but it is possible to choke it. :) With a few free apps it becomes a pretty nifty little device.

That being said...the netbooks that are now on the market offer quite a bit of temptation.

- Chris

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an iPhone and CPF looks great on it. I really like it to stay in bed on weekend mornings and look at the newest threads on CPF :twothumbs.

rayman

nobody

Newly Enlightened
I use a iPhone 3G to lurk CPF fairly often. It looks fine and it's pretty cool how double tapping one area of the cpf page fills the little screen with that part of the web page. Trickiest part for me is having to pinch/pull to enlarge the "next page" arrow so my fat little fingers can touch the right part. ;p

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much of the ipod touch's memory is used by the OS and included Apps?

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
Here's a screenshot:

iPodTouch.jpg

- Chris

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope there isn't going to be a redefining rule on how big pictures can be hosted:laughing:

Pardon my bluntness but I think 800x800 is already on the lower echelon for being called tiny for current computer resolutions:ohgeez:

I am not sure I get your point. The touch does a great job of scaling photos. Doesn't really matter how big they are.

gorn

Enlightened
I have a first gen iPod touch. It does view CPF well. I will be getting the second gen touch because of the iPhone like external built in speakers.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2nd gen touch and the web in general looks great. I use it all the time around the house for web searches. I probably use it more for that than an MP3 player.