Why AA ARC?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gransee or someone on his computer (whoever it was posted that if they made a AA Arc they would likely dimm it down for long run time, this is of course insane, making me think it`s not Gransee) said they might consider making an AA if there where reasons for it to exist.

Can we think of any, or do you think the CMG Infinty has the right idea?

If it used the "s" rank bulb and could run on a 1.7 volt lithium would that be a good thing?

Would it be brighter than an alkiline AAA Arc?

Would you be interested in one if they were about the same price as the AAA LE?

Mike

Newly Enlightened
I don't think Gransee should spend his time making a single nichia LED ARC AA. If you want longer run time on your ARC AAA just carry an extra battery.

That said...if Gransee could somehow get a Luxeon LED to work in an AA Infinity sized flashlight (I'm dreaming here)...that would be very popular.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been a couple of people (myself included) who asked Peter if he would consider making an AA Arc for longer run time (at normal Arc Brightness levels).

Peter is reluctaint to make such a device because he is not sure there is a good market for it. He indicated that he would consider it if we could point out the reasons that this device makes sense.

I suggested that perhaps an alternative was to make an Arc *LS* have a dim mode so it could offer both the bright level and lower levels, the lower levels offering longer run time.

Another person offered a similar suggestion, wondering if a mechanism to force the LS into moon mode at-will to enhance battery life.

I don't think Peter has commented on those approaches at this time.

-john

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike:
That said...if Gransee could somehow get a Luxeon LED to work in an AA Infinity sized flashlight (I'm dreaming here)...that would be very popular.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suspect the Arc LS with single AA battery (or 123A) is going to be close enough, sizewise.

-john

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oops, there was one person (wingerr) who did suggest making it possible to force the AAA Arc into moon mode.

-john

Mike

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John N:

I suspect the Arc LS with single AA battery (or 123A) is going to be close enough, sizewise.

-john
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my opinion the diameter of the LS head makes it too big for an always in your pocket light.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike:

That said...if Gransee could somehow get a Luxeon LED to work in an AA Infinity sized flashlight (I'm dreaming here)...that would be very popular.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might not be a dream...I`m thinking of that LS from LEDCORP...but would have to use the reflector area machined in the head...I don`t think the lens assembaly would fit. Might be interesting to do this with the six sided high dome whites when they come out.

Latest posts