[Winner announced] XTAR THANKSGIVING ACTIVITY !!

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: XTAR THANKSGIVING ACTIVITY !!

Thanks for the gaw.

Would like analyzing chargers to record Watt hrs along with mAh.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a number of Xtar chargers, including those that double as a power bank and I find them very useful. Because your chargers are used by such a large group with such different needs, is there a way to engineer a phone/tablet/computer application that would allow a transfer of data regarding each cell to include comprehensive data about the cells condition at insertion and also at completion of charge? This could be transferred inexpensively via standard USB cable or via Bluetooth on higher end units. For example, most of us pay attention to start/end voltage or Mah, but what if Xtar set "the industry standard" for a group of parameters? Knowing the internal resistance or temperature of cell during charge(which, when elevated may indicate a higher ir, or perhaps not depending on the variables). The idea is that those of us who use/reuse Lithium Ion and other chemistries quite frequently could have a much better idea of the health of our batteries. Since this information would be available to those interested, a very simple summary could be available for those entry level users(think at the termination of charge a red/yellow/green display: Overall Battery Condition: caution/ adequate/good). Another user may wish to use the more complex information to calculate runtime of a certain cell for a certain flashlight. Sorry for such a long explanation of a simple idea. Part 2 of this idea would be a modified group of data for a specific flashlight-a Battery is inserted into the light & the light connected by USB to the phone/tablet/computer and the user can obtain anticipated cell runtime for the light at Low/Moderate/Full power. I acknowledge the preliminary costs could be significant, and legal disclaimers about liability based on data being on the end user, but it could actually be very helpful in many ways and also have a side benefit of educating all users as they see the impact on cell life based on actual user habits. Thanks for seeking input, providing Giveaways and making excellent products that remain affordable!

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor

Hmmm... Possibly several USB ports with various output voltages for charging miscellaneous devices integrated into a charger?

Thanks for doing this GAW, XTAR!

[FONT=&quot]
Thank you for your feedback
clear.png
I will gather all your precious suggestion and forward to our engineering team. XTAR will keep making the creative and multi-function products to the market to meet customers' need.
Congrats, you won the 30% off discount code. Code number has been sent you by PM
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor

Thank you XTAR for the GAW.

My suggestion? You seem to be in the right position to produce a line of flashlight-powerbanks. Right now there are quite a few makers with Folomov being the only one I think deserves a mention. Would be good to give them some competition. :)

[FONT=&quot]
clear.png
I will gather all your precious suggestion and forward to our engineering team. XTAR will keep making the creative and multi-function products to the market to meet customers' need.
Congrats, you won the 30% off discount code. Code number has been sent you by PM
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor

Thanks for the gaw.

Would like analyzing chargers to record Watt hrs along with mAh.

[FONT=&quot]
clear.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor

I have a number of Xtar chargers, including those that double as a power bank and I find them very useful. Because your chargers are used by such a large group with such different needs, is there a way to engineer a phone/tablet/computer application that would allow a transfer of data regarding each cell to include comprehensive data about the cells condition at insertion and also at completion of charge? This could be transferred inexpensively via standard USB cable or via Bluetooth on higher end units. For example, most of us pay attention to start/end voltage or Mah, but what if Xtar set “the industry standard” for a group of parameters? Knowing the internal resistance or temperature of cell during charge(which, when elevated may indicate a higher ir, or perhaps not depending on the variables). The idea is that those of us who use/reuse Lithium Ion and other chemistries quite frequently could have a much better idea of the health of our batteries. Since this information would be available to those interested, a very simple summary could be available for those entry level users(think at the termination of charge a red/yellow/green display: Overall Battery Condition: caution/ adequate/good). Another user may wish to use the more complex information to calculate runtime of a certain cell for a certain flashlight. Sorry for such a long explanation of a simple idea. Part 2 of this idea would be a modified group of data for a specific flashlight-a Battery is inserted into the light & the light connected by USB to the phone/tablet/computer and the user can obtain anticipated cell runtime for the light at Low/Moderate/Full power. I acknowledge the preliminary costs could be significant, and legal disclaimers about liability based on data being on the end user, but it could actually be very helpful in many ways and also have a side benefit of educating all users as they see the impact on cell life based on actual user habits. Thanks for seeking input, providing Giveaways and making excellent products that remain affordable!

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your feedback[/FONT]
clear.png
[FONT=&quot] I will gather all your precious suggestion and forward to our engineering team. XTAR will keep making the creative and multi-function products to the market to meet customers' need. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Congrats, you won the 50% off discount code. Code number has been sent you by PM[/FONT]

Latest posts