• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: P60 Drop in Light Engine

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 D26 P60 Dropn Ins All Copper Bonded PCBs even XP-G2s, MT-G2 ;-)

I have added a 4 mode driver option. This set up must have last mode memory:

9) LowLow-2%-25%-100%

So basically you now have Moonlight and Low :)

Bubba66

Newly Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 D26 P60 Dropn Ins All Copper Bonded PCBs even XP-G2s, MT-G2 ;-)

I sent ya an email vinhnguyen .. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened

I have added a 4 mode driver option. This set up must have last mode memory:

9) LowLow-2%-25%-100%

So basically you now have Moonlight and Low :)

:paypal: Just noticed 4 mode driver: Want one! :thumbsup:

1 x XPG-2 @ 3.42A., New smooth reflector, 4 mode driver (last mode memory!), Filled, 5,000K. 2.7 - 4.5V., thick copper PCB., well filled hot-spot and some tape, please.

Thanks,

Sparky (Australia).

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

:paypal:

emitter: dedomed Cool-white XP-E2 of highest output bin available.

reflector: smooth for maximum throw.

UI: firefly, medium, high of 1.5A with memory.

Important Instructions:-

Please do not fix pill to reflector or external springs. Please leave them loose.
I might want to use the pill separately in my Dereelight DBS.

wilsonlhf

Newly Enlightened

Payment has been sent, really look forward to your drop in.

Torcherd

Newly Enlightened

Hello Vinh,

I have a 6p host (large enough for 18650) with an M2 head all in copper, so heat sinking is as good as possible. Looking for a drop in that gives the most throw whilst retaining some useful spill. Would you recommend xml2 or sst50? As I understand, the sst50 produces more at higher amps but is less efficient at lower amperage. If there is something else that I should consider let me know.

Cheers

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

In my opinion. SST-50 is absolutely obsolete in terms on efficiency and output VS a XM-L2.

I think you might want to start with a 4A XM-L2 3 mode in smooth reflector to see how you like it.

Hello Vinh,

I have a 6p host (large enough for 18650) with an M2 head all in copper, so heat sinking is as good as possible. Looking for a drop in that gives the most throw whilst retaining some useful spill. Would you recommend xml2 or sst50? As I understand, the sst50 produces more at higher amps but is less efficient at lower amperage. If there is something else that I should consider let me know.

Cheers

Divine_Madcat

Newly Enlightened

So, very sorry if i have missed this in the thread somewhere..

I have a SolarForce M3.. and while the XM-l isnt bad, i am just craving the idea of a MT-G2 powering it instead. I know it can take certain threaded P60 pills.. Do you have anything with this emitter that i would be able to fit into the M3 head?

BIGLOU

Enlightened

:takeit: an MT-G2 Direct Drive on a copper pcb 3000 lumens $60. :paypal:

I got a FiveMega Beefy waiting for this.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

So, very sorry if i have missed this in the thread somewhere..

I have a SolarForce M3.. and while the XM-l isnt bad, i am just craving the idea of a MT-G2 powering it instead. I know it can take certain threaded P60 pills.. Do you have anything with this emitter that i would be able to fit into the M3 head?

I am not sure if this LED will work with this reflector. No good driver to push this LED yet too.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Post 1 Updated. MTG2 Drop in are on mounted on Copper. Prices update.

Dhobi

Newly Enlightened

Hi Vinh,
I would like to order P60 dropin:
- XM-L2 Neutral 5000K
- 3,040 mA
- 2 mode High, Mid - last mode memory
- Reflector: CC) Wide Orange Peel
- will be used in Solarforce host
- shipping to EU

Im going to paypal you now. Is 50 USD right price? Is [email protected] your paypal email? Thanks for info.

Cheers

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

PM Sent

Hi Vinh,
I would like to order P60 dropin:
- XM-L2 Neutral 5000K
- 3,040 mA
- 2 mode High, Mid - last mode memory
- Reflector: CC) Wide Orange Peel
- will be used in Solarforce host
- shipping to EU

Im going to paypal you now. Is 50 USD right price? Is [email protected] your paypal email? Thanks for info.

Cheers

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

so I walked to my mailbox this morning and found a package from Vinh in it!

I got a Quad Nichia 219 Mule (mini-review).

first, the photos:

the mule installed in an 18mm Oveready bored C2 (dent on the bezel is from when I dropped the C2 in a metal grate by accident):
mule-a-small.jpg

worst beamshot ever? notice how pure the colors are, this photo was taken with my iPod touch (5th gen.) but it's actually really accurate, which is surprising considering it's a mobile device camera, you know? Fantastic color rendition as you'd expect!:
mule-b-wall-beam.jpg

'dramatic' low mode shot:
mule-c.jpg

anyways, this quad 219, as you can see in the first photo, has INCREDIBLY clean wiring by Vinh and the light produce by this P60 module is so... pure! These Nichia 219s are a beast of an LED.

specs:
L-M-H (no memory)
2.5-6 volts
4 Amps

This thing is phenomenal and I love it. You may notice the Z44 bezel still keeps it kind of recessed and not as far out for a mule as, say, a McGizmo but it still works phenomenally. This is easily Vinh's most top-of-the-line module and Vinh is, of course, great to work with and very kind.

I started playing with this about an hour ago and keep turning it on just to be amazed at the quality of this and how nice the tint is an useable the beam spread is (because it is, of course, a mule setup)

I highly recommend y'all buy this as well as a 2.8A de-domed XP-E2 from Vinh for the best of both worlds. :D

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got a Quad Nichia 219 Mule (mini-review).

I highly recommend y'all buy this as well as a 2.8A de-domed XP-E2 from Vinh for the best of both worlds. :D
Thanks for the review! This drop-in has been on my buy list for a while, and now I want it even more. It may be about time to contact Vinh. ;)

scottyhazzard

Enlightened

I have been thinking about a quad XPG2 from Vinh and trying to decide what to do. Your post just added pressure. So hard to choose.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the review! This drop-in has been on my buy list for a while, and now I want it even more. It may be about time to contact Vinh. ;)
no problem man!
Tobrian can you get a beamshot outside at night and post please?

yeah I'll see if I can do one soon! No guarantees about photo quality because, again, I lack a regular camera, but I'll see if I can pull one off. It's been raining nonstop here but I'll try and get it done tonight if possible :)