• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: S200C2vn - Baby Throw King 122K Lux - 690 OTF Lumen

Capolini

Banned
Re: WTS: S200C2vn - Baby Throw King

lets hope your prediction is right :)

If it seems that much more intense to you it should be over 100Kcd. I understand cd's but not so much the lux. Your lux measurements at 18ft w/ cheap lux meter was. The X10vn was 2800 lux and SC200C2vn was 4500,that 1.6X more lux? :thinking:

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic

If it seems that much more intense to you it should be over 100Kcd. I understand cd's but not so much the lux. Your lux measurements at 18ft w/ cheap lux meter was. The X10vn was 28000 lux and SC200C2vn was 45,000,that 1.5X more lux? :thinking:

I think that he said at 18', he got 2800 and 4500 lux....

2800 lux at 18' is ~ 84 k cd

4500 lux at 18' is ~ 136 k cd

That's a ~ 60% improvement in cd, not 1.5 x more.

:D

(60% more is more than 1.5x more)

If the "cheap lux meter" is at least off by the same proportion, and not over/under sensitive at that part of its range, the DIFFERENCE should at least be proportional.

If the meter is not proportional across that part of the range, so that the numbers may not be comparable....then all bets are off for BOTH light's numbers.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned

I think that he said at 18', he got 2800 and 4500 lux....

2800 lux at 18' is ~ 84 k cd

4500 lux at 18' is ~ 136 k cd

That's a ~ 60% improvement in cd, not 1.5 x more.

(60% more is more than 1.5x more)

If the "cheap lux meter" is at least off by the same proportion, and not over/under sensitive at that part of its range, the DIFFERENCE should at least be proportional.

If the meter is not proportional across that part of the range, so that the numbers may not be comparable....then all bets are off for BOTH light's numbers.

I said 18'..what I meant is that 45000 is ~ 1.5x more than 28000

TEEJ

Flashaholic

I said 18'..what I meant is that 45000 is ~ 1.5x more than 28000

Well, I get 4,200 not 4,500 (From 2,800 x 1.5), but you were at least conceptually close....it was 2,800 and 4,500 not 28,000 and 45,000 though. (Doesn't change the ratio though)

1.6 x works a bit better I think.

:nana:

CUL8R

Enlightened

Vinh, did SB give you any idea when he'd test this light and post results? Really looking forward to his tests of this light and both versions (hopefully) of the MM15vn and the factory MM15!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

If it seems that much more intense to you it should be over 100Kcd. I understand cd's but not so much the lux. Your lux measurements at 18ft w/ cheap lux meter was. The X10vn was 28000 lux and SC200C2vn was 45,000,that 1.5X more lux? :thinking:

Lets not consider my cheap meter readings. I don't trust it.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh, did SB give you any idea when he'd test this light and post results? Really looking forward to his tests of this light and both versions (hopefully) of the MM15vn and the factory MM15!

He just got the light today. I didn't ask as I don't want to rush him.

gerolykos17

Newly Enlightened

let's guess!! i bet SB will measure 127kcd, for the s200c2vn..:naughty:

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Well, IIRC, the SR90 came in ~ 112 k cd or so depending on who tested it/individual light variations, etc....so as Vinh at least visually saw it was similar/brighter than the SR90, it is at least conceivable that that range is our ball bark base-line cd.

After that, its about (Hopefully) how much it can beat it by.

:popcorn:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

So how much # is required to see a visual difference. I would think just over that amount added to the sr90 would be logical.

TEEJ

Flashaholic

So how much # is required to see a visual difference. I would think just over that amount added to the sr90 would be logical.

Well, the SR90 still is going to have a larger beam, even my dedomed SR90 has a fatter beam than the pint sized S200C2vn could hope for.....as the head on the SR90 is larger/weighs more than the entire S200C2, etc....so the difference will start with beam SIZE. (The range of a giant heavy light in a pocketable form factor)

Figure, for this light and the boost/mods, ~ 120-124 k cd, and Say ~ 680 -700 lumens....which will be lower than the SR90 for lumens but a little higher on cd. (In a light that is dwarfed by the SR90)

After that, its about the intensity of the hot spot, and, humans suck at telling the difference in lux. The only way, for lights with this kind of range, is to use distant TARGETS to delineate the difference.

IE: The one that throws farther WILL light up stuff the other can't reach. If the range is enough to make the spots dim enough, you should be able to tell the difference on distant enough targets...between a dim, and less dim, spot.

You will NOT be likely to be able to tell which hot spot is BRIGHTER by shining them at a white wall, etc....you'll need a lot (A LOT) of distance to see what they're made for.

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

Sweet! I bet he'll chime in here pretty soon and give us an idea of about when we can expect his review to be completed so we can be watching for it.
And he appears. :devil:

Normally, I don't like discussing lights under review (in case of delays, issues to be resolved, etc.). But given that the cat is out of that bag ... :whistle:

I expect to start testing this light soon. However, my travel schedule is hectic for the next few weeks, so I won't have time to complete testing and do a full review before early May. So, despite my usual policy, how about I post the beam intensity and lumen estimates here when I have them (likely in a few days), and then leave the rest until I have time?

After that, its about the intensity of the hot spot, and, humans suck at telling the difference in lux. The only way, for lights with this kind of range, is to use distant TARGETS to delineate the difference.
You will NOT be likely to be able to tell which hot spot is BRIGHTER by shining them at a white wall, etc....you'll need a lot (A LOT) of distance to see what they're made for.
+1

I have always felt that beam distance is much better practical measure of beam "throw" than peak intensity. Fortunately, you can easily convert from one to the other, thanks to the inverse square relationship between them.

CUL8R

Enlightened

"Originally posted by selfbuilt"
"I expect to start testing this light soon. However, my travel schedule is hectic for the next few weeks, so I won't have time to complete testing and do a full review before early May. So, despite my usual policy, how about I post the beam intensity and lumen estimates here when I have them (likely in a few days), and then leave the rest until I have time?"

Thank you selfbuilt! Sounds great to me. Some specs to talk about and debate here while we await "The rest of the story".

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic

SB, you're a SAINT!

Thanks!

:twothumbs

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Selfbuilt,

I am excited for the numbers too just out of curiosity. But it makes me feel very bad that you have to go out of your way and especially beyond your typical policy to post numbers before the entire review is done. Next time I will keep my mouth zip when I do sent lights out to you. ;-)

Thank You so much again!

Vinh

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh went and told the sharks that feeding time is soon. And the sharks can't help but get anxious ;)

TEEJ

Flashaholic

Vinh went and told the sharks that feeding time is soon. And the sharks can't help but get anxious ;)

Like we're not circling Vinh 24/7 anyway.....

Latest posts