Our price: $224.95

That made me laugh!

Looks like a nice light tho.
And we want reviews! with LOTS of pics!

Size15's

Flashaholic

INFI

Newly Enlightened
I am going to order one shortly, I think it will do a very good job mounted on my G-20.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Stainless: I now have a new desktop background, thankyou Sir :) All I need is to find out what that is, looks like a cz on roids?

Pete, I should have clarified, when using my x200 on a pistol I have it separately on the belt using something similar to this http://www.unclemikesle.com/products/duty_cases/flashlight_holders/flashlight_kydex_clip_on.html . This way I can use all normal holsters etc. If it were for duty use where one handed reholster is required, or high stress is anticipated I wouldn't recommend it (because obviously you can't reholster the pistol until you've taken the light off it).

I just want to know how long before the laser version comes out so I don't get the x300 just to find out I just missed out on the other one :)

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Delayed - that's why we haven't listed them yet.

I just got an update today that it would be mid-Oct. before our order shipped and I understand at this point only a handful of units have shipped - and none to dealers.

I'm expecting these to be pretty hot. Streamlight did an awesome job with the TLR-1 and TLR-2 but I expect these to be twice as bright and better made - albeit twice as expensive as a TLR-1...

lightemup

Flashaholic*
People they are starting to hit the streets...

My x300 is making its way across the Pacific as we speak ;) I'll do a quick mini review when it arrives for anyone who is interested.

A gent from SF technical support said that the x300 will do 110 lumens for the first 10 - 15 minutes, then 80 lumens regulated for about 2.5 hrs then die out pretty quickly. I'd prefer it to be regulated at 110 lumens myself, but i'll wait to see... 2.5 hour runtime at that brightness is still an excellent runtime though!

Size15's

Flashaholic
Remember that SureFire is notorious for understating the output.
IMHO, best to judge the beam by what it can do rather than what the ratings on paper say.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
People they are starting to hit the streets...

My x300 is making its way across the Pacific as we speak ;) I'll do a quick mini review when it arrives for anyone who is interested.

A gent from SF technical support said that the x300 will do 110 lumens for the first 10 - 15 minutes, then 80 lumens regulated for about 2.5 hrs then die out pretty quickly. I'd prefer it to be regulated at 110 lumens myself, but i'll wait to see... 2.5 hour runtime at that brightness is still an excellent runtime though!
Put me down as interested! :wave:

I could live with a SF-made light mounted on my Grock puting out 80 lumens for 2.5 hours... :sssh:

dasanii19

Enlightened
I dont think anyone's interested in the X300 because they are all satisfied with their TLR-1's for under $100 :kiss: Yep, weopon lights had their spot light of fame,we all paid top $$$ for them when they were first brought out on the market, but we wised up! We now know the best bang for our buck. Until they actually make something that is worth the extra $125, im sticking to my $80 streamlight TLR-1 that hasnt failed me once. Its cheap, bright, durable and reliable. What more can you ask for in a close quarter combat light? The TLR-1 is pretty hard to beat to say the least..

Sorry surefire, it had to be said....

Wick

Newly Enlightened
I agree about the TLR-1 being a good light, especially at it's price. However, I'm still upgrading my X200 to an X300 and I have a brand new TLR-1 sitting in my trunk. A big reason I'm not switching over to the TLR is I don't want to buy two new holsters which would easily surpass the price difference between the TLR and the X300. If the new L1 is any indication of the X300's performance, the upgrade will be well worth the money.

I also think the X300 will be a great light for CQB with an M4. Add an XT07 pressure pad and you have a great lightweight CQB light. I know guys who have the TLR on a carbine and they perform well but the remote switches offered by Streamlight leave a lot to be desired. I am personally looking forward to dumping my MU series weapon light and getting a lighter package with a quality remote switch.

Last edited:

knifebright

Enlightened
That's great news that they are coming soon!!!
I really want one even though my Seoul Upgraded TRL has simplly the brightest beam of all my LED lights. I find the TRL to be the simplist light to upgrade ever but that's another story for another place.

THE X300 is commin!! Yeeee HAAAA..now do i have the fortitude to wait for the laser model..HMMM only time will tell.

Jimmy

jcompton

Enlightened
Does anyone know if there is a chance that surefire will actually build their light/laser combo model correctly by putting the laser on top for a more accurate sighting range???

Schuey2002

Enlightened
I dont think anyone's interested in the X300 because they are all satisfied with their TLR-1's for under $100 :kiss: Yep, weopon lights had their spot light of fame,we all paid top $$$ for them when they were first brought out on the market, but we wised up! We now know the best bang for our buck. Until they actually make something that is worth the extra $125, im sticking to my $80 streamlight TLR-1 that hasnt failed me once. Its cheap, bright, durable and reliable. What more can you ask for in a close quarter combat light? The TLR-1 is pretty hard to beat to say the least..

Sorry surefire, it had to be said....
I didn't even know what a TLR-1 was until you mentioned it.... :eek:

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Lightemup
Keep me in mind if you like your X300 enough to sell your X200, depending on the cost i might be interested in your X200. Perfect time for you to buy your X300 too with the strength of the aussie dollar. I too have also been looking at the TLR1, someone mentioned the other day that it can be found for under $100.

Can these models, either one, take rechargeables? Unfortunately this is a critical factor for me with any light. How easily do they clip on and off the rail of a glock?

Last edited:

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Knifebright: If it helps you set your mind at ease, part of the reason why I rang SF California from Australia ;) was to make sure the laser version wasn't coming out anytime soon. The gent said "A timeframe on release of the laser version hasn't even been tabled as of yet."

If I interpret Surefire speak half as well as Al does, then I think this means "Coming at SHOT 2008 or beyond." Plenty of time to save ;) At least that's my logic!

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Keeper: Duly noted :) As far as attaching on and off a Glock (22 I assume?) it is no worries, and intuitive. Of course it goes without saying that proper training and a fair bit of muscle memory is involved here for safe operation.

For holsters that don't take the pistol with the light mounted, this solution is available http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum2480.php (link only for model, i've never dealt with that company before) to allow deployment. Downside to this though is that rapid reholster is not really possible, which for your usage could be a determining factor. With a dedicated holster it is absolutely GTG. It can be utilised quite effectively also in the alternative technique although it is something you need to consider. If you want to order this ask the boys at CRM in Cairns and they will look after you, they are good blokes.

As far as rechargables on these two lights none are known to me at this time. I appreciate budget is a concern, but this is one place not to 'cheap out' so to speak for duty use.

For you it is a tax deduction (?), and the benefits in reliability and dependability in the SF123's are well worth changing batteries every so often. Issues like self-discharge, risk of battery venting, incorrect voltage for emitter, leaking batteries and increased risk of failure when you need it come to mind... SF123's can last years, close to a decade even and still be GTG when installed in a light. SF123's aren't too pricey either, especially when compared with energizers and duracells in chemists here ($12 - 16 each).

Firearm recoil also has an affect here, so design of the batteries and proven reliability is also important. There is a reason there is very little speak of rechargables on weaponlights apart from hobbyists on cpf etc.

I would suggest that you would use the x200a substantially less than say your Wolf Eyes and other lights. This is because using the light on the pistol becomes part of the use of force continuum and something you would only use in an elevated threat environment (or as a handheld backup if your primary light goes down)... Also the tactical use of white light (especially in conjunction with a rechargable handheld :) ) would further reduce the actual time the x200 is run. This could also help ease concerns on operating cost?

If you don't already have a battery tester, Cairns should have a Jaycar shop? The good one will let you know how far your sf123's have been drained. You learn pretty quick after the first used set when you should change batteries...

hp20252

Newly Enlightened