• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

X60Mvn - XL Searchlight

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: X60Mvn - Brightest ;-)

I have go to work all day today but I am so EXCITED to let you guys know that the X60Ms has arrived. Looking real sleek! Only checked out three and all has flawless built and reflectors. :)

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

+ $50 LED Copper MCPCB direct solder bonded to CuZn pill

For the options above I have decided to approach a little differently. Solder bonding has too much heat applied and might disrupt the magnetic system workings. On top of that only 1.5 of the copper hoard could be solder bonded anyway due to the way the brass neck is connected on the inside. I have a better and safer solution. I have decided to sand down the opposite side of the LED copper board to a smooth surface instead of the original rough ridges and then replace all the original runny ceremique like thermal paste with much higher quality Arctic Silver. These made in USA high-density polysynthetic Silver compounds works really good. This copper boards is pressed down by both the reflector with the bezel force and 3 screws so heat transfer should now be optimal. :)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh if u want you can send just the x60 head for testing if there is interest... I got a x60 body

thenorway

Enlightened

The mod sounds great. I have been checking here looking for updates daily.
Thanks for keeping us updated Vinh. This light is going to be awesome!!.

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would love to see a vid of Vinh building one of these beasts!
Doesn't have to show everything or give away any modding secerets :)
Just like a progression through the different stages.
That would be way interesting to me at least.
Ty

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL WOW!!!!
That is a lot of 18650's :)
Ther is my D4 charger!
Can't wait to see the X60Mvn
Ty

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

How is the X60Mvn build coming along?
Any major road blocks?

Brand___X

Newly Enlightened
Re: X60Mvn ;-)

Hello All!

I need to shift some budget around for the X60M. I don't have a concrete price yet but I anticipate the VN version to be between 280-360. Price range is large due to the uncertainly of Supbeam final pricing and various possible options with or without custom heat sinking. Can I please have a show of hands to see who is about 80% interested in this light?

Thanks!

I am interested.

Brand___X

Newly Enlightened

I am interested.

The following is a response from Sup Beam concerning my request for pricing:

"Hello Steven,

Nice to hear from you and thanks for your information.

The X60M is available now and you can purchse from our side directly, may I know how many packs you need on this model? the unit price for X60M is $417/pc, please note.

Any other information if you need please just let me know.

Sincerely

chris

2014-11-14"

Vn if your final cost is cheaper that Sup Beam, please reserve one for me with vn engraving. also Chris from Sup Beam states their link to purchase is not working but to contact him directly.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Would you guys mind if I push this light to a level where everything function flawlessly but strobe is a bit irregular? Strobe works but the frequency is a bit irregular. Would that be ok?

Latest posts