• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

XHP50.2 XHP70.2 WOW

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell you what; I'm liking the sound of this....

M25C2vn.50 + DriverVN2 + XHP50.2 6500K HD J4 1A
Lumen: 3400
Lux: 135K
Throw: 735m

Fairly small & lightweight, perfect balance between flood & throw.
I think one of these has my name on it when the neutral tints come in!!!
:hitit:

MC408

Enlightened
Tell you what; I'm liking the sound of this....

M25C2vn.50 + DriverVN2 + XHP50.2 6500K HD J4 1A
Lumen: 3400
Lux: 135K
Throw: 735m

Fairly small & lightweight, perfect balance between flood & throw.
I think one of these has my name on it when the neutral tints come in!!!
:hitit:

first official 50.2 light Vinh ever made ...(rumor has it he made a r50vn50.2 and didn't even know it. Still unconfirmed.)

But this one one is engraved "1st 50.2", so that's what it is! And an amazing light as well!!

MC408

Enlightened
And....your right Madd, Perfect blend of throw and flood.....

If you recall, this is the light that started the whole conversation about "Flow-ers" lol

MC408

Enlightened
Whaa? Hehe, I'd been waiting for the r50vnp 50.2/70.2 announcement. Did I miss it?

I cant find the exact conversation, but I got the R50vn on a FDT and everyone questioned the output based on vinhs specs. then asked me to post a pic of the led and a few people confirmed it was a 50.2. Vinh never confirmed it, and I'm too novice to know the diff, so I tell myself it's a special light regardless and the "first xhp50.2 Vinh light" even though I also got the M25c2vn50.2 which was Vinh first official 50.2 light!

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do remember that! And that sure does look like an xhp50.2 or 70.2... :shrug:

If you order a pasta and they bring you a Ferrari, the only question you need to ask is if you can take it to go, right?

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whaa? Hehe, I'd been waiting for the r50vnp 50.2/70.2 announcement. Did I miss it?
I emailed Vinh last week as I am waiting for the R50vnP with the .2's also..he said not yet...

MC408

Enlightened
I do remember that! And that sure does look like an xhp50.2 or 70.2... :shrug:

If you order a pasta and they bring you a Ferrari, the only question you need to ask is if you can take it to go, right?

I got the R50vn w xhp50 SD on the way so I can compare them in a few weeks!

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the R50vn w xhp50 SD on the way so I can compare them in a few weeks!

That's a nice light that one, I should get one. [emoji38]

Whatever Vinh can do with the 50.2, the 50 SD is great in this light. The throw should beat the 50.2. Only a smooth reflector will utilise the extra output of the 50.2 and turn it into more throw, though who knows what Vinh will cook up! [emoji4]

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Presumably Manker will also be releasing this, I wonder what Vinh's 70.2 could do in this?

four cell, three 70 emitters, could be awesome

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-9-000lm-Flashlight-Official-Group-buy-Thread

Yes, I saw that one too. I have the Utorch U01 ( the U02 is a dead ringer for the U21) and it's one of the few factory lights which is about perfect. If that indicates Utorch quality then they are a serious player in the market.

This one should perform around the X7vn at 14-15k and upwards with the 70.2 emitters. [emoji4][emoji106]

Satansjester

Newly Enlightened
I agree SG, I have the U21vn, its a beast, handles heat very well, I just grabbed a mk34vn in the FDT thread, its amazing but heats up real quick, 40 seconds on turbo and you have to step down, maybe a ut03vn with three 70.2 might handle heat better.

ive no idea whats going on with the connection with manker and utorch, Im not convinced theyre a separate company at all, if it was a simple case of utorch copying manker then why the hell is the circuitry on this ut03 branded with the manker logo?

edit, on closer inspection its printed mk35, so they've used parts from the mk35 on this, clearly both manker and utorch use the same factory, same parts, China is crazy for this sort of thing.

Last edited:

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree SG, I have the U21vn, its a beast, handles heat very well, I just grabbed a mk34vn in the FDT thread, its amazing but heats up real quick, 40 seconds on turbo and you have to step down, maybe a ut03vn with three 70.2 might handle heat better.

ive no idea whats going on with the connection with manker and utorch, Im not convinced theyre a separate company at all, if it was a simple case of utorch copying manker then why the hell is the circuitry on this ut03 branded with the manker logo?

edit, on closer inspection its printed mk35, so they've used parts from the mk35 on this, clearly both manker and utorch use the same factory, same parts, China is crazy for this sort of thing.

That's intriguing isn't it. I read elsewhere that Manker are not too happy with Utorch. I can see why! Manker are very strict on MAP, and Utorch have snuck under their guard a bit with that, perhaps with their own components and basic design. Pretty cheeky, but not unheard of in Chinese manufacturing. [emoji16]

The other problem that Manker have are that they have used a bad UI and had some Quality control issues in the past. They used to make the Astrolux brand ( for Banggood) but have parted ways now. They also make some great designs ( like the MK34 and U21), all of which makes them cherry ripe for the picking! [emoji4]

Satansjester

Newly Enlightened
The difference before now was that the utorch version came out after the manker in the ut01 and ut02, its going to be very interesting if manker announce a version of the ut03, I think that will probably pretty much confirm its basically the exact same torch, sharing development/factory/parts etc, car companies do this too.

i wouldn't buy a manker with factory UI, but buying a vn version gets round both that and the manufacturing QC issues.