You have 5 seconds to decide ??

secarob

Newly Enlightened
No idea how long I would be out? I would have to say my Rayovac 3C Sportsman Extreme. 100 hours runtime seals the deal for me

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
In 5 seconds I would simply decide to grab my BOB. It's got a TK20 loaded with L91's plus 8 spare.

There's also the Quark AA2 Tactical that is always with me as well as some more lithium spares for it.

The biggest issue in a crisis is where you are going to go to be safe.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I definitely have my edc covered by what's in my pockets already(all 3 sized Quark mini's, the new NiteCore IFE1, a NiteCore D10, and a Maratac AAA stainless)....I would pick my JetBeam JET-lll M R2. I have an 18650 in it and on high at 250 lumen, it does 3 hours. On low at 2 lumen, it does 200 hours. The low is user definable, so I can do anything in between 2 and 250 lumen. The thing is tough as nails, so it could stand up in any situation I'd have to take it in to.

Last edited:

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Peak P4 first gen. Night Patrol (my avatar) preloaded with AW IMR 18650- decent amount of light with long runtime. Rock solid build.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Milky U2by2 18650 with the more throwy reflectors, OR the 2X18650 M61L combo, OR really anything that can give me a good runtime with around 80 lumens output.

There's just so many to pick from that would do a good job I guess is just grab whatever and go but I'm more of a defensive position/shelter in place kind of guy. Maybe a house fire would get me out! Of course my ammo dump would blow up the neighbors...........

You know honestly I'd grab the Pelican with many lights and extra cells in it, no reason to choose!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The one I carry most of the time . . .

Surefire E2E, black, w/ E2D tailcap; sporting a Milky modded KL1 head running a P4 emitter. Single output, around 220 lumens, good balance between spot and flood.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Peak Logan in my pocket most of the time, so I guess I would grab my Quark XPE 123^2 for it's low modes and long runtime.

Matt7337

Enlightened
my first flashlight that brought me to cpf.

fenix tk11. (if its a "minor crisis" and i dont know how long it will take)

give me 30seconds and i can get more lights with me :)

+1 on everything said here. First light, TK11 and definately the first one I grab when I need a lot of light fast. I've mentioned this here before recently, it is virtully indestructable and the minor niggles that I have with it (bad beam pattern, little or no regulation) are outweighed by the fact that it puts out an amazing amount of very usable light in a (again, useful for my applications) cone shaped beam and it can be relied on 100%.

liquidsix

Enlightened
My TK-11 R2. It is not pretty with its yellow-green tint and off center beam, but none of my other lights matches its runtime and ruggedness.

Hmm, I almost want to change my mind and go with a quark AA2 because you are more likely to find backup batteries...

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon Proton Pro

For the great but unknown emergency it's the most flexible of my lights while still being AA for easiest power source scavenging.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
So without knowing the situation maybe I need long runtimes and the ability to either drop it in a holster or pocket. I keep my light's in their holster when not in use keeping these things in mind especially the runtime I would say with the PD30 R4 or Jetbeam RRT-2 or Surefire E2L.

I'd still probably go with the PD30 because of all the different output levels with long runtimes.

manitoe

Newly Enlightened
For me this is a simple question. It will be my HDS Clicky, which is always either in my pocket or withing arms reach on my desk or nightstand.