HDS Systems        

Thread: WHERE TO BUY CD'S ONLINE (GREAT PRICE,SELECTION ETC)? amazon too high!

Flashaholic*

Default WHERE TO BUY CD'S ONLINE (GREAT PRICE,SELECTION ETC)? amazon too high!

Title says it all! JAZZ and CLASSICAL and HOLIDAY selections.

I am no stranger to purchasing stuff online, and have purchased from Amazon.com many times, but I think that their prices and even their delivery times are higher (longer) than they were in the past.

walmart.com has mostly popular music, and I am looking more for Jazz and clasical.

cduniverse.com seems to be as high as amazon.com

suggestions?

Default Re: WHERE TO BUY CD'S ONLINE (GREAT PRICE,SELECTION ETC)? amazon too high!

Ka-ZAA!!! *sniff* Gesundheit!

C'mon... you *know* somebody was going to say it. And believe it or not, I'm one of the 0.001% of the online population that doesn't do any file sharing on teh intarnets.

Have you considered buying used CDs on Amazon? I haven't had a bad experience yet with purchasing used CDs or software, but perhaps I've been extremely fortunate.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: WHERE TO BUY CD'S ONLINE (GREAT PRICE,SELECTION ETC)? amazon too high!

Well, I am not going to do Kazaa for 3 reasons:

1, it seems to be a real bugger to set up with my DSL, and I am a computer professional of 16 years. I spent about 4-5 hours one evening trying to install Kazaa but with no success.

2. Security concerns.

3. Well, I dont want to go to jail!

Now, I am NOT above the possibility of burning a CD for a friend, or making a copy for myself, but I will only do that at home, with friends, never at work!

Have you tried good-ole wally world (aka Walmart)?

-tom
    Surefire E1L / E2L(with custom Tritium vial installed ) ; Surefire G2 + Kl3 + Beamshaper ; Surefire L2 ; Inova X5t ; Surefire L1 (edc); Fenix L1d

I was interested in buying miles davis box sets... Someone could figure out where the best deals are now.

Surefire E1L / E2L(with custom Tritium vial installed ) ; Surefire G2 + Kl3 + Beamshaper ; Surefire L2 ; Inova X5t ; Surefire L1 (edc); Fenix L1d

Cheap-CDS.com

Been purchasing from them for years now ... Great service, brand new CD's.

Try it!

Tom
    FLASHAHOLIC!! In a Severe RELAPSE!!

Sometimes Overstock.com has ok prices. The used one's on Amazon are a good deal, too--many are "like new", which is good enough for me.

You could always get an ebay account and a paypal account and try searching for the title with options set for buy it now and paypal accepted.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Half.com works sometimes.... and other times you get screwed like I just did recently.
    - Darell, the EVnut
    Email me: darelldd -at- gmail - I don't do PM.
    Is Tenacity just Badassity x 10?

http://www.bmgmusic.com/

The average cost is about $7 each when shipping is spread out between the 7 or so CDs that you get for joining.

Flashaholic*

I usually buy "used" CDs from Amazon at a reasonable rate. I have also used secondspin.com with some success.

magnatune.com. Lots of music, almost all of it good, you can download for free or buy higher bit rate downloads or physical cd's. They're my favorite record label.

Flashaholic

Another one that is similar to BMG is

www.columbiahouse.com

You can get some good freebies for signing up and good deals usually come around often where the average cost is ~$7 as well. Of course, you won't find this weeks releases there or every CD ever pressed but they do have a good selection.
    Cheers,
    Tim

P.S. Igore this information - just discovered that Columbia House Music closed on September 1, 2005, and folks are now directed to BMG. I guess I did not read my monthly mailings close enough - what an idiot
    Last edited by CobraMan; 12-03-2005 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Just discovered that Columbia House Music is gone!