Would the Nuwai TM115X be a good choice?

tm3

Newly Enlightened
after reading a lot of posts and asking some questions here i bought the nuwai TM301X3 (and a fenix L1P "while i was at it").

the output on low of the 301X3 is great for my walks after dark, but the problem with this light is it is really hard to operate the thumb switch while wearing heavy gloves. the L1P is a little easier, but still tricky plus it does not have a low setting. i also think that an overall larger light would be easier to grip and operate while wearing gloves.

i'm not disappointed with either pick as i have other uses for them, but i'm back to square one as far as my original intent.

i did some more browsing through old threads, and it seems like the nuwai TM115X might work well. with gloves on, i think a switch near the bezel may be easier to operate than a switch on the end of the light. however a non-recessed end switch should be OK -- i got to fondle a SF e2 today and it seemed like it would be no problem, although the overall size is still a little small.

any thoughts on the TM115X's "glove-ability"? any other suggestions having a low setting with long run time?

thanks!

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two, and use them a LOT. Both are on the original set of batteries (a year or so), due to the often used "low" setting which makes the batts seem to last forever.

I to, prefer a Mag like switch like on the TM 115. Yes, it'll work with gloves.

A side benefit, the larger reflector throws better than the 301.

DaveT

Enlightened
Hi TM - I have several of the TM115s and really like them as a solid, good-value light (I have them as glovebox lights and a couple lying around).
Just tried it with a winter glove - much easier than an L1P or similar light - but most lights smaller than a Maglight are a bit difficult to handle in a winter glove (in my opinion).
Another item - the lanyard that it comes with fits over my medium-sized hands in gloves with a little spare room - large hands would probably have trouble gettting them on.
Overall, I'm very happy with these lights.
Dave

Lightoleum

Newly Enlightened
Just recently acquired a TM115X, on sale from Lighthound, and it's a keeper. Showed it to my wife, and she didn't like it at all (took my L1P, instead!) I have to admit, it's a mite larger about the head, and somewhat heavier than my other lights, so not ideal for casual EDC, but for auto or household use it does very nicely. I got this one for my Z.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody used this light with rechargeables? 18650s, R123s others?
I've been looking at this for a general utility-light to have around the house, in the toolbox and as a good quality loaner..

Sverre

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried my 115 with hot off the charger 3.7 volt rechargeables. They measured 4.18 volts each and on high the flashlight was drawing 1.45 amps.

HARDMETAL

Newly Enlightened
tm-115 is an quite good torch that it can be spot & flooding ,but it is quite ''fat''.

i have used lisun rechargable cells123a 3v in it.
(we are agent of the torch in hong kong.)l

tm3

Newly Enlightened
thanks, everyone!

i just learned about the streamlight twintask 2L and it looks pretty good as well. i'll probably buy either the nuwai or the streamlight.