Liking my E1L more and more

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to say that the E2L was a better light than the E1L, and the E2L does have advantages in runtime, flat regulation, and overall efficiency. However, now there are several high-quality 2x123A Luxeon alternatives to the E2L, which have a better beam quality and often more throw.

The E1L holds its place as a pocket sized 1x123A thrower that doesn't consume much battery power. It's not the smallest or least expensive 1x123A Luxeon light, and it doesn't have the most output. However, it does have good throw considering the small bezel diameter and the lack of brute-force lumens. It's probably the only LED-alternative flashlight version that out-muscles its incandescent counterpart (the E1E). And it's Surefire quality. :) I'd probably put it in my top 5 LED flashlights to recommend, particularly to anyone who is new to LEDs and doesn't mind paying the Surefire price.

UWAK

Enlightened
I'm with you Andrew. I even loves it more with RcR123 in it. Cheers.

FRIDS

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does hold its own. Really useful with one of McGizmo's two-stage tailcaps. :)

mountains_008.jpg

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good choice, I like it too also with a R123 li ion. better yet your on your way to lego light heaven with McGizmo's aleph stuff, and vital gear. in fact my 2nd EDC is a VG 1x123 body and a KL-1. And for around 30-35 $ you can get a VG 123 body to stow your E1e head, and now you have a great, small bright incan too!. VDG

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
270winchester said:
if you like the kl1, then you will love the kl4...hint, hint ;)

IF you like a flood beam. :cool: I love the KL-4 just a very different beam. But like 270 Win, I think if you building a lego kit you should own both :rock: VDG