• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: POP2 sammie

wallyrulz

Enlightened
I have for sale one POP2 sammie with TYAJ. It has had very little use. I do not know what version it is.

I am asking $50 shipped CONUS. Payment by non cc Paypal (cc add 4% for fees).

I also have a 14500 if you would like to add it for say $4.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Paul

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Hello Paul,

I am interested because I have a CR123 light body that takes sandwiches. I have 3 questions: can I use it with an R123 rechargeable (3.7V)? Is the YA tint the purple-y one? Whats the UI like on the POP firmware?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Steve

wallyrulz

Enlightened
1. R123 should be fine. I used with 3.7v 14500.

2. Tint is very white. Compares well to my Lionheart and the Minipro TWOJ I had. Never noticed any purple.

3. Turn on once for low, twice for high, three times to set low (see saw) and four times for strobe.

What I really like about it is the ability to set low really really low. Very nice for navigating with somewhat dark adapted eyes.

Any more questions, let mw know.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Thanks Paul,

I think this may be just the item I'm looking for. I like the idea of the low light level and the strobe is just cool! (curious about strobe frequency) I'm going to search for specifics on the workings of the POP firmware, I'm just a beginner to modding so still learning the ropes. What is the outside diameter of the sandwich and its overall thickness? I believe there is a pretty much a "standard size" around 14mm dia or so? Is that what is referred to at the Sandwich Shoppe as a regular 2AA Mag replacement? What is the max drive level (current) to the emitter? I should be able to swap emitters without much difficulty if I wanted to, yes? The light body I have has a 17mm IMS reflector in it and an O-ring to retain the sandwich in the bore. I REALLY like the idea of a UI with a mini twisty light. Adds a dimension.

Pending the answers to my barrage of questions I'll take it (if she will fit), I'm looking for some education mostly. Appreciate you taking the time to answer them, sorry so many ;)

Regards,

Steve

wallyrulz

Enlightened
Lunarmodule said:
Thanks Paul,

I think this may be just the item I'm looking for. I like the idea of the low light level and the strobe is just cool! (curious about strobe frequency) I'm going to search for specifics on the workings of the POP firmware, I'm just a beginner to modding so still learning the ropes. What is the outside diameter of the sandwich and its overall thickness? I believe there is a pretty much a "standard size" around 14mm dia or so? Is that what is referred to at the Sandwich Shoppe as a regular 2AA Mag replacement?

It is same diameter as a AA battery. Thickness I will have to measure.

Lunarmodule said:
What is the max drive level (current) to the emitter?

I will have to look this up. It is equivalent to Lionheart on 4, which I think is 750.

Lunarmodule said:
I should be able to swap emitters without much difficulty if I wanted to, yes?

I don't know, but it does not look like it would be very easy.

Lunarmodule said:
The light body I have has a 17mm IMS reflector in it and an O-ring to retain the sandwich in the bore. I REALLY like the idea of a UI with a mini twisty light. Adds a dimension.

Should work well with 17mm IMS.

Lunarmodule said:
Pending the answers to my barrage of questions I'll take it (if she will fit), I'm looking for some education mostly. Appreciate you taking the time to answer them, sorry so many ;)

No problem. It's yours if you want it.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Small World After All,

Turns out the host for this sammie is one Paul wanted to buy for himself, only I wound up with it sans electronics. Now we meet up here by coincidence! The light is a beautiful one-of-a-kind custom by Chop, a Cr123 light. Here's a pic of its new home. BTW, Chop if you are out there, just a message to let you know I'm still hoping for the best for you and that life finds its way back to normal after the hurricane disaster.

Here's a pic:

picture0020rk.jpg

wallyrulz

Enlightened
:sold:

I can't believe he is going to put that sammie in the body I almost bought for it! That is amazing. :laughing:

Thanks Lunarmodule!

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Countdown clock now stands at T minus 24 hours and counting, no holds in the count. Pacing back and forth wearing out the carpet I'm so excited to get this together! Almost really blew my mind was I thought you found my good friend Curtis a FM 2C Mag he's had a WTB for. Small world, again. Great folks, same circles.

T minus 23 hours... :grin2:

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Awesome! Glad that POP2 Sammie found a new home. Let me know what version it is and I'll see if I can dig up the instructions guide.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
:wow::thanks: CGPeanut!!!

Unfortunately, the USPS mailserver (hee hee!) just sent me a e-notice that the shipment has been "Missent". That the error has been corrected and every effort to deliver as soon as possible will be made, yada yada. Murphy's Law of eagerly awaited packages. This one's a first for me. Hey Paul, I hope you have the paperwork still. When it (finally, eventually, possibly) arrives you should be eligible for a shipping cost refund. I'll let you know if I ever see it, I picture it on a cargo ship bound for remote Pago Pago, or better yet the Sandwich Islands....

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
IT WORKS, IT REALLY REALLY WORKS!!:grin2:
I am SO glad I went with the POP2, I love having an intelligent light in a small twisty. Dont know what revision the firmware is, cant ID anything on the board and the sammie is filled with GITD material, REALLY cool but a damn shame its completely hidden behind the reflector. I'm wondering what the drive level is on max. I'm just thrilled to put the light to use after all this time.

THANKS PAUL!!!

cgpeanut, I'll send you a PM and sincere thanks for your offer to help.

:sleepy:

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Sounds like a POP2 G: low, med, hi, strobe.

Checkout the runtime Graph DJ made for that particular sammie, look for his post in this thread.

Groovy! -- CPF Special -- FOR SALE -- Part 3

and Yes! we want pictures! :D

It's drawing between 650-700mA conservatively at full blast with T**H lux, bright enough for that nice small light, I'd let the frimware stay as is sometimes simple is better especially for twisties.

EDIT: It's a custom Chop Light! Awesome!

That Chop Light looks nice, let me know if you get tried with it, I'll take it off your hands :grin2: in an instant!

Last edited:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
cgpeanut,

You are right on with the statement simpler is usually better...

...although in this case the "complex" POP setup just blows away a single level configuration, I just love having adjustable dual levels with a twisty and the strobe is just too much fun!

Here's a link to the pedigree of the Chop custom:

Its a beautiful light, closest thing I think I will manage to a Larry Light ;)

Its a great feeling to have it functional again. :grin2:

Thanks to you and of course to Paul, who almost bought the light to match his sammie when it was for sale ;)

wallyrulz

Enlightened
Now I really wish I had bought it! :ohgeez:

Pictures look great, that is a very nice light, and it's one of a kind. I'm with peanut, when you get tired of it . . .