My Kid´s Christmas Gift

mountaineer

Newly Enlightened
My son (7) is crazy about Flashlights just like myself . He comes in my workshop all the time and looks and plays with my lights .
One evening a while back he told me his Tektite Trek 4 that I gave him for his birthday last year just wasent doing it for him any more . He said " Dad , I need a highspeed pocket rocket " . He told me this with my TW4 in his hand and also reminded me that christmas would soon be here .
santa.gif

Well I got thinking and started to get some parts together and decited to build
my seven year old flashaholic son something that would fit his request .

Here is what I came up with .

207_0783.jpg

207_0784.jpg

207_0785.jpg

207_0786.jpg

207_0787.jpg

207_0788.jpg

I took an E-head and bored it out , chased the threads , built an E -can with a Badboy 400 and toped it off with a low dome LUX 1 I took out of an old 1st Gen KL1 a few years ago . The reflector is a turned down McR 20 . Put it on a Vital Gear 1X123 body with a long lanyard .
This light rocks
buttrock.gif
. I was very suprised at the light output and the run time is great . I liked it so much I made one for myself with a NG 500 / TWOJ .
Now im ready for christmas .
santa.gif

Kenny

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Re: Christmas Gift Mod

Cool! Funny how kids really appreciate those "little" gifts. My son loves to take away lights from me. :)

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Christmas Gift Mod

Lucky kid.... Wish my dad were like that.

mountaineer

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys . It is just as much fun building a gift like this for someone as reciving one yourself . My dad is getting an Aleph II NG550/TXOJ 1X123 with a 30ohm switch .
There is not a better gift than a (good) Flashlight ! :)

Thats what christmas is all about . :santa:

Kenny

Bradlee

Enlightened
Just curious if your son would EDC this or not? That would be pretty cool if the power went out at his school and he had a sweet light like that on him - no one would be expecting it from such a young kid.

Definately a very cool light, and a wonderful gift.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bradlee said:
Just curious if your son would EDC this or not? That would be pretty cool if the power went out at his school and he had a sweet light like that on him - no one would be expecting it from such a young kid.

Definately a very cool light, and a wonderful gift.

That is a truely great gift. Handmade things just say 'I care' more then store bought ones.

Why not EDC it? He could throw it into his backpack and take it when he gets home everyday.

Last year when my schools power went out I had almost forgetten I had a minimag with a LuxI in it till one of my friends came over and mockingly said 'Dont you have a light with you' Then I remembered that I kept a spare in my bag (backup to arcAAA) and another dorcy AAA in my coat.

mountaineer

Newly Enlightened
Well just wanted to say that my son loved this light. He is looking in every dark spot he can find to see whats there .
This light is a great walking light and would be great for a EDC . It blows a normal E1e away so bad its not funny .
I have a few more E-head Bezels and will mod them also . If there is enough intrest I would sell a the few that I have . I´ll put them up on custom BST when I have them finished and see what happends . :popcorn:

Merry Christmas

Kenny

Bogie

Enlightened
I know I would be intrested in one & I even have my own E series head for the cause :)
Seriously thou that was a cool gift I wish my dad wan more into the things I am at least I got him a G2 that he keeps in the house

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a E1e head and I've been thinking of what to do with it... i wonder if a 5w side emitter would stick up enough to use the stock reflector?

if it wouldn't work... what would I need to bore out the head?