wall-socket-mounted rechargeables?

NFW

Newly Enlightened
I've bought a couple of rechargeable lights from hardware stores that plug directly into a wall socket for charging. Unfortunately both died after a couple years for one reason or another. Does anyone make a reliable light that can be stuck into a socket and left there until needed?

I realize there are plenty of lights out there with wall-mountable charging bases, but I'm looking for something that will just plug straight into an existing 120v socket.

Thanks!

shooter08

Newly Enlightened
I don't have any experience with directly plugging a light into a socket. But
my mom has a Black and Decker rechargeable that snaps into a wall mounted
cradle with a wall wart plugged in. It needs to have the battery changed
every two to three years. I have no proof but I believe that leaving the light on charge all the time shortens the life and capacity of the nicad packs. In short
charge your light only when it needs it.

Dave

NFW

Newly Enlightened
Yes, one of mine was a B&D and I figured the battery was the problem. But there's no good reason for a nicad pack to that dead that fast. I was hoping to find something with a better battery and/or better charger that treat the batteries right. With good care (which means, a good charger), they should last a several years.

The other was a no-name from an unknown store, and the switch failed. Was a nice light, now it's a doorstop.