comp question

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
i saved some of those christmas light videos to my comp, i did save target as and saved them to my videos in my documents, but when i click on the video to play it says "in window media player" connecting, why is it connecting i thought i saved it, so how do i save it so that when the server takes down the video i will not loose it,

thanks

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
2000xlt said:
i saved some of those christmas light videos to my comp, i did save target as and saved them to my videos in my documents, but when i click on the video to play it says "in window media player" connecting, why is it connecting i thought i saved it, so how do i save it so that when the server takes down the video i will not loose it,

thanks

WMP might be connecting to the internet to look for or share some information. Open up the player and go to View--->Options--->Player and un-check "Allow internet sites to uniquely identify your player and see if the behavior stops.

shaman

Newly Enlightened
Also may be trying to download the proper codec for the videos in question.

wmv - Windows media codec
qt,mov - Quicktime codec
mpg - mpeg codec

Sincerely,

Shaman

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Think it's just a Media Player quirk. It's connecting to the media - despite it being stored locally. My PC tends to say that even when it's not online if I'm opening something outside the normal media library.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do some WMV formats work like Real does? The file you saved to your computer might just be a little (tag/shortcut/whatever the media term is) to points to a stream.