movie flashlight ?

dragon4

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me what kind of flashlight it is that they are always using in the movies.It is black quite large with what looks like a phone cord connecting to the battery.

dragon4

Newly Enlightened
HOLY CRAP! yeah that sure looks like it.If I win the lottery that sucker is mine.Thanks for the reply.

tron3

Banned
GJW said:
I wonder if you mean the Maxabeam

Holy crap! :drool: Why does a theater need a a flashlight with a beam that can be seen 3/4 of a mile?

Must be a similar, smaller model. I suggest you ask the usher next time you go the movies.

Great light for "King Kong", eh? :popcorn:

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Polarion and Maxa Beam are both spotlights but very different animals, the Polarion uses an automotive based 35W HID lamp where the Maxa Beam uses a true 70W short arc xenon lamp both a form of HID :shrug:

The Polarion's 35W HID will output many more lumens and looks to have useful spot type beam on the other hand the Maxa Beam will eat it's lunch and send it home :mecry: to mama when it comes to throw :D

It's all in what your looking for.

Later
Kelly

Bryan

Enlightened
I've seen that in Ghost Ship, Alien vs. Predator, and Jurassic Park. Ghost Ship and I believe Alien vs. Predator both used Surefire M6's as well. Possibly an 8AX Commander in the Avs.P as well.

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
tron3 said:
Holy crap! :drool: Why does a theater need a a flashlight with a beam that can be seen 3/4 of a mile?

Must be a similar, smaller model. I suggest you ask the usher next time you go the movies.

Great light for "King Kong", eh? :popcorn:
In the movies, not at the movies... :p

Sway said:
The Polarion and Maxa Beam are both spotlights but very different animals, the Polarion uses an automotive based 35W HID lamp where the Maxa Beam uses a true 70W short arc xenon lamp both a form of HID :shrug:

The Polarion's 35W HID will output many more lumens and looks to have useful spot type beam on the other hand the Maxa Beam will eat it's lunch and send it home :mecry: to mama when it comes to throw :D

It's all in what your looking for.

Later
Kelly
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103381&highlight=Polarion
Oh great now I want one... *looks in wallet and wonders if I need it that badly*

CLHC

Flashaholic
Sway said:
. . .on the other hand the Maxa Beam will eat it's lunch and send it home to mama when it comes to throw. . .

The Megaray 175W will do that and then some! MaxaBeam? I've seen both in action—The Megaray All The Way! ! ! That is if there's money to burn. . .