Have a look at my new babies!

bruner

Enlightened
Just got my delivery from Advancedmart and I love them. Keep in mind that my "fetish" is small inexpensive lights...

In the first image, from left to right: chromed brass 1 AAA .5W, anodized aluminum 1 AA .5W (light as a feather), chromed brass CR123A .5W, chromed brass CR2 .5W, Glo-Toob FX amber (awsome light with multiple modes, can't wait for the accessory package, not yet available).

Just wanted to share my joy
smile.gif

Dan

Last edited:

bruner

Enlightened
jayflash,

I like your signature :)

Personaly, I'm absolutely certain that all CPF members need a new flashlight (whatever flashlight that may be).

Thanks,
Dan

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm gonna get a couple of those... I was pretty set on the black 1xAA light but your pic makes the smooth 123 light look pretty attractive.

Nice pics...

bruner

Enlightened
Omega Man,

Looking at your sig, I couldn't figure out what kind of flashlight a "Rickenbacker 4001" was. After Googling it, it must be an electric Bass, eh? Love the bass, should have picked it up instead of regular guitar (well, classic guitar/flute). I'm a big Jethro Tull fan :rock:

cratz2,

Yes the smooth one is very nice (and heavy), but I feel you can't go wrong with any of these lights. Advancedmart really came through for me on these :)

Dan

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Very nice selection of little lights, bruner. And excellent taste in music. I've been loving Tull since 1969.

Geoff

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
bruner,

Congratulations on the new arrivals! I'm sure you'll make a great parent! :)

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
bruner said:
Omega Man,
it must be an electric Bass, eh? Love the bass, should have picked it up instead of regular guitar (well, classic guitar/flute). I'm a big Jethro Tull fan :rock:
Dan
You are correct sir! It's an old 74- or 76 model, that my fav music store found laying around in the back of thier workshop. The story is, some guy dropped it off like in the 80's and never came back for it. It just sat in it's case and no one ever even touched it. My best friend works there (the store is Link's Music, in Hanover, so you may know it :) ),and he told me they found it along with a new Rickenbacker. I had them clean the old one up, take as much corrosion and dust off the parts, and just get it in working order. It's very sun faded/stained, the hardware is rusty/corroded and its pretty dinged up, but it sounds so good! They let me have it fixed up for $400. Which is an f-ing STEAL!! So it's ma baby.

I also have an Epiphone SG body with Les Paul pickguard, the SG Special, bass. Heritage Cherry red. The exact kind you see Glen McCormick playing in all the old pictures.:nana:
I'm also a very big Tull fan, thanks to pilfering my mom's Thick as a Brick and Living in The Past records as a kid. I got to see them live a few years ago when they were supporting their Dot.Com album. It was the one the most fun concerts I've seen. Still very tongue and cheek on stage. Thanks for the inquiry!

Here's some pics: