Some LEDs and some Xenons

Tremendo

Enlightened
Hey all, 1st post here. I've been lurking a bit. Enough that 2 weeks ago I thought I had high-tech flashlights with my multiple Mag lights, mostly 2xAA's, 3xD, AAA. Now I've learned a bit and have acquired in this order:
1) Brinkmann 2xCR123 Xenon
2) River Rock 2xAAA .5 watt LED
3) Mag 3 LED head for 2xAA light
4) 2x Cyclops 2xCR123 Xenon
5) Fenix L1P
6) Surefire U2 (arrives Monday)
7) Golston 7w LED 2xCR123 (arrives next week, mostly for curiosity)
8) Various Inova LEDs, Photon clone.

I prefer the beam and durability of the LEDs from what I've seen so far, but I also like throw (one reason I picked the U2). I've played with my buddie's SF E2D & SF M6 which are awesome lights. My Fenix L1P is great, but I would love a mometary on switch, without having to turn it on 1st and momentary switch it in reverse. It swam today, in the jacuzzi with my son, and held up perfectly, completely dry inside. I'd hate to mod the switch and lose the waterproof switch.

I'm looking to possibly get a SF E2D, as well as a couple SF G2's, and maybe something else as well. Surefire says the E2D is about 60 lumens, but on the ever-so-popular review chart it shows the E2D (MN03 head) as about 40, much less the than SF P60 heads (I know the difference between throw and lumens). In real life, are the E2D & G2 about the same in lumens and throw?

Thanks for all the great info, I'm a friggin' junkie already. :wave:

Last edited:

Flakey

Enlightened
WELCOME! Wow what a collection in such a short time span! I think you should consider modding that 3d maglight. if you like the SF M6 you should see what a MAG85 can do! Welcome again to CPF, glad you came out of the dark

:goodjob:

Tremendo

Enlightened
Flakey said:
I think you should consider modding that 3d maglight. if you like the SF M6 you should see what a MAG85 can do!
Thanks for the idea, but I definitely prefer the smaller lights, the Mag 3D is too big for my liking. I was even considering the HDS85, before I decided on the U2. Since I got the Fenix a couple days ago, it goes with me everywhere, just loose in my front right pocket.