• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB McLux III Titanium

fasteddie

Enlightened
If anyone has one they'd part with, let me know. Have cash, or custom knives or lights I'd trade as well (KI LE, KIT HA, KIT Clear, Jets22, SF U2, ARC LE and HDs)

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carpe, I think if you just wait a bit there will be more of these. Don was able to sell 20-30 of these in a few days. They did not sell out instantly. Fear not. There will be more.

It seems as though this Titanium thing is catching hold. MrBulk is making a Ti version of the Chameleon which he had a lottery for. All were spoken for when drawn.

One of the things unique things about Don's design for the McLux T is the careful consideration given to the balancing of Drive Current, Run time and HEAT.
When put together all of this equals a flashlight which will last a lifetime and then some.
Good luck finding one of these even though i don't think luck has much to do with it. More likely patience.
Yaesumofo

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I wish he would make some with the piston drive. It probably has something to do with Ti's conductivity, but a PD would be cool in Ti, with trit!

BTW, I am LOVING my chrome PD with trit. Call me crazy, but I rather have my Chrome PD with a PD than a Ti with no Piston. I love the piston action. I will never be biast again against a light I've never held. I will take my PD any day over my HDS.

Fringe

Enlightened
I am with you on the piston PSM, it is such a nice feature, BUT I would pay a ALOT of money to own a Ti III, a lot more than what they were offered for.

Unfortunatly, I don't think Don is going to make anymore of these lights anytime soon. I already inquired. Due to the hollidays I JUST missed this fabulous piece and I am devisted.

So if any one wants to make a NICE profit on their Ti, just hit me.

fasteddie

Enlightened
Hey, start your own wtb thread :laughing: I started this thread because I really am looking for one. Thanks for the bump anyway. :bumpit: I know its a long shot, but I asked just in case anyone really has second thoughts about spending that much on a light. Stop laughing.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I guess it would depend on the amount of cash :green:
But the "T" was very limited in mumbers, so demand is high and availablitity low ...
:bumpit: and good luck!
bernie

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Kiessling said:
I guess it would depend on the amount of cash :green:
But the "T" was very limited in mumbers, so demand is high and availablitity low ...
:bumpit: and good luck!
bernie

Just for giggles, what would you Ti owners sell for??? $500, $750, $1000, $1500???

CLHC

Flashaholic
PoliceScannerMan said:
BTW, I am LOVING my chrome PD with trit. . .I love the piston action. . .I will take my PD any day over my HDS.

EXACTLY With You On That PSM!

One would be hard-pressed to find one of these rare and wonderful McLux.III.Ti(s). . .Happy hunting!

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would probably take an obscene amount of money to make me think of selling mine. It's just too nice that I still haven't grown tired of constantly admiring it and be amazed at the workmanship and design.

AlanH

Enlightened
Eveything has an ultimate price, it just depends on how much you want to own one of these, with the knock on effect of how much you are prepared to pay for that satisfaction.

fasteddie obviously wants one, the secret will be to match his $ limits with a figure that someoine who has one will think is right.

Personally I can't see what the fuss is about, it's a light and it ain't that bright, right ? (JOKE before the flames start)

Great lookig, amazing workmanship and I'm sure even better in the 'Titanium' than a mere picture can show. Good luck 'fe', these guys ain't gonna make it easy for you.

Alan

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
AlanH said:
Eveything has an ultimate price, it just depends on how much you want to own one of these, with the knock on effect of how much you are prepared to pay for that satisfaction.
Alan

Hi Alan...

Notwithstanding my earlier facetious comments, no truer words have ever been spoken.

Take care.

:)

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
I'm with fast eddie here, groveling for a chance at one of these Holy Grail copies. I got SCREWED by my purchase reuqest email being deleted by Don's email spam filters as I tried to get the last slot in line and have been quite bitter about it.

The only thing that comforts me is I do own a one-off Don special PD that Don said he has kicked himself not not keeping in his private stash: a splash anodize blue/purple PD with tritium and UX1K with high drive level. Only 7 were made with mine the ONLY one with a blue splash pattern, the rest had 2 of each combo. So as awesome as the Ti is, except for Peter Atwood's other worldly gorgeous anodize version, the other 35 Ti lights are in essence just cookie cutters, make exactly the same and not turned /machined one at a time individually by hand by Don himself, as I understand it they were farmed out and machined batch style.

So at least I have a more exotic McLeish creation at my fingertips to salve my wounds. But just a matter of time before Photonfanatic gets THIS version of the grail passed along to him, in exchange for the most unobtanium LuxIIIs and Vs I can wrangle from his secret underground bunker stash.

I will say this fasteddie, EVERY one of the Ti owners I've corresponded with would sooner sever one of their fingers and offer it as lunch meat than CONSIDER selling, especially when the novelty and hype is at its peak. Personally, I wanted the 27LT a LOT more for its practicality, and I will step over bodies to get to the head of THAT line.

One nice thing is that Photonfanatic (Fred) is SUCH a nice polite gentleman , he offered me first right of refusal before going to BST if he EVER considered selling HIS McLux-T in exchange for the first right option of my selling my splash PD to him first. A very solid mutually beneficial arrangement, where we both get a dream light/treasure that the other party has had more than their share of time to appreciate/love. best kind of trade IMHO.

All said, I still would jump at a Ti no questions asked. I paid a bounty of $200 over the price of a new Fivemega light I missed out on and a lucky soul took me up on the offer. Made $200 and the light drop shipped straight to me. Financially I'm still stinging over that, but DESIRE can be an incredible force with blinding ability to obscure rational vision. :)

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Frenchy,

Come on now with your almost ridiculous amassing of every known light emitting thing on Earth coupled with the fact you already have a Ti light, its rather bad form indeed to try and submarine my quaint little arrangement. If so Karma will make amends by causing a battery rupture in your Lighoon light to go unnoticed until irrepairable damage occurs. Just kidding. That Lighoon has to be one of the most incredible pieces of art I have yet seen. You are a lucky man, maybe too lucky ;)