Green Lasers in AA Form

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see Laserglow has an AA battery model (Pyxis) and so far I don't see any competition to it. Does anyone know of another brand of green laser using AA cells?

Davidgojr

Newly Enlightened
*Edited* I've only seen Atlasnova and Wickedlaser models that run on AAA cells.

Last edited:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Davidgojr said:
Yes, both Wickedlasers and Atlasnova have green lasers that use AA cells.
David, I'm only seeing AAA powered units on Wickedlasers and the Atlasnova websites. Could you post a link(s) please?

cbfull

Newly Enlightened
I have seen AA Maglites modified for a greenie. It was a beautiful piece of work. The silver barrel was the same, but they custom machined a new head from aluminum to hold the module. I think the barrel had to be cut back a little, don't remember why. They cut rings into the new piece to help remove heat (kinda like on some of those little butane torches), but they were the same width as the barrel.

If I were ever to convert my laser to AA style and upped the power to 150mW or more, this is how I think I would do it.

comozo

Enlightened
cbfull said:
I have seen AA Maglites modified for a greenie. It was a beautiful piece of work. The silver barrel was the same, but they custom machined a new head from aluminum to hold the module. I think the barrel had to be cut back a little, don't remember why. They cut rings into the new piece to help remove heat (kinda like on some of those little butane torches), but they were the same width as the barrel.

If I were ever to convert my laser to AA style and upped the power to 150mW or more, this is how I think I would do it.

At 150mw, then I'd have a housing machined to accept D cell batteries

Davidgojr

Newly Enlightened
LowBat said:
David, I'm only seeing AAA powered units on Wickedlasers and the Atlasnova websites. Could you post a link(s) please?

Sorry about that, you are correct. I've edited my original post. Each unit i've seen uses only AAA's.

Last edited: