Anyone ever get any interesting freebies or great deals at SHOT show?

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
carrot said:
I just read this article about getting great deals and lots of freebies at CES or any other trade show, for that matter.

I was wondering if anyone out there got some interesting stuff from SHOT for free or for really good prices. Also, I'd like to know if anyone got good deals this year after SHOT is over.

It is my understanding they are not allowed to sell anything at all at SHOT Show. Freebies, yeah...sell, no.

JM-99

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I've never been, but considering the subject matter, the SHOT show would be a bit more difficult to get freebies at.

Bags, magnets, pens, etc. sure. Maybe something like small gun cleaning accessories, or a drawing for a SureFire, maybe a scope.

However, I just can't see the "freebie" selection being as good as a Comdex or a CES.

Brock

Flashaholic
At SHOT I bought a $220 Luminox for $100 at their booth. Couldn't even come close anywhere else. A bunch of use bought some headlamps, what the heck were they, Princeton Tec maybe?, for $20 each, they were going for $38 best price at the time. I have seen many places selling things, and others selling nothing. A friend of mine that used to work shows said they were given inventory and what ever they sold on the floor they could keep, sort of their incentive for working the show. I am sure every company is different though.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.shotdirectory.com/images/100300/2006PDF/Shot_prod_elig06.pdf
OVER-THE-COUNTER SALES - Direct "over-the-counter" sales may violate state or local laws and are strictly prohibited.

What does this mean? Does this only apply to firearms sales? If other things are for sale, that would be great. I need to budget a little more...

Course, I was just planning on making a trip to Island Tactical if I can't buy anything at SHOT Show...will probably go anyway even if I can. :)

JM-99

Brock

Flashaholic
They seem to be all cash transactions, just so you know. And I do doubt it is authorized or allowed, but it happens so much I have no idea how anyone could enforce it.

I would say that of all the conventions I have gone to SHOT was about the tightest security, but with weapons and lots of them illegal for us common folk I understand why. I wouldn't think anyone is selling guns, just the other gadget type stuff you could buy online or anywhere else. I think even Nikon was selling at the end last year.

TimB

Newly Enlightened
At last year's SHOT Shot show, Jack's Links sold an AWESOME "Sample Assortment" for a nominal $10 fee. They basically asked me what I liked and then stuffed a big plastic shopping bag full of their products and handed it to me.

I also bought some stainless steel 1911 recoil spring plugs from Bar-Sto, and some Alumagrips at below retail.

It sure seemed like there were a lot of booths that were selling their products.

-Tim