How do all you all get from point a to b? How do you get around?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
About five months ago I decided it was time to give my ten year old Elantra GT to my son. Sort of hated to do it since it had low miles, but he needed a better car. Decided to take the plunge to hybrid and got a KIA Niro. I'm always trying to drive efficiently (like an old man according to my wife). So far I'm happy. It has at least as much scoot as the old Elantra, and it's been fun trying to stay in electric mode as much as I can. I've averaged about 50 mpg. since getting it. Hope it keeps making me smile.

Geoff

View attachment 56480
Wouldn't mind a hybrid KIA Niro. Except for the length. Had a reminder today that I need to put my backside into a more compact vehicle. Came home this morning, exhausted from work. Pull up to the garage I share with 41 of my neighbors, and watched as the door went up by itself. Well, everyone knows the procedure.... Vehicles exiting have the right of way. That means backing out if you're trying to enter. Normally not an issue for me. Except.... I was exhausted and out of practice. (Don't think I had to back-up all last year.)

Eventually made my way back onto the street. With a couple of pedestrians stopping to look. One was clearly enjoying the show. The other looked as though he might help out if I really needed it.

Doesn't help that my sedan is actually a couple of inches longer than most mid-size SUVs.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
just watch the ones with cvt
Get the CVT flushed every 30,000 miles; it should last easily for 100,000 miles. Normally would say buy from another brand. But Nissan makes the best budget sedan out there (Versa) at technically under $20,000. Despite the best horsepower in its class, yes; it's slow. Along with the best budget compact SUV out there too (Kicks). Though that one is really a tall 5-door hatchback if we're being honest. Thing is, both are styled like more expensive vehicles and look good on the outside.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would it be racist if I rode an Indian?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Just Bought a Mazda CX-60, very nice.
Had a Mazda CX-5 before this one, for 7years, never a problem with it at all, so expecting similar results for this one.
Had to look it up since it's not yet in the states. Looks like it should be a great car. Happy motoring.

Geoff

Truth be told - I drive as little as possible. There are far too many people on the road who don't understand the risk/reward ratio as applied to daily driving.

1706204008177.png

Our state's No-Pursuit law is having some crazy/dangerous unintended consequences.

fuyume

Enlightened
I figure with all the trans thread I'd ask. Me I use a 2023 Honda rebel or my e-bikes or just walk. I like walking if things are less than a mile away. So what about you all. ?
I've been car-free for over two years, now. i use an ebike for my primary transportation, and Amtrak for intercity travel. The Amtrak station is less than 2 Km from my home, easily walkable. If my needs cannot be met within the range or capacity of my ebike, there are delivery services and package carriers.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i sometimes wish cops could remotely shut down all cars if needed to keep others safe

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here, they can run but they can't hide. You can't outrun Motorola! :crackup:Our LEOs stick on like a cockle-burr (or, VELCRO, for you urbanites that have never gotten a cockle-burr hitchhiker before). They chase them to another LEO with a tire spikes deployment. I've monitored some chases where the rabbit runs on the rim, sparks flying, or until the engine blows or they crash and bail out, which happens some times. Then they have to run them down on foot, sometimes using K9s or drones to find them. But, they get their man, eventually.:clap:

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
My daily driver is an Isuzu NPR350 truck with a Hiab and custom service body. That's a lorry in British, and I don't know what you Americans call a real truck, seeing as your "truck" is a "Ute" (utility vehicle) over here. Or is a truck anything that runs on diesel…? (Because we once had a diesel Subaru Legacy!)
The family wagon is a Mitsubishi Delica D:5. Great versatile vehicles.

I also put thousands of clicks on my workboots. A while back when I was younger and stoopider I wore right through the tread on a set of quality boots - and it didn't do my back or my feet any good! I'm switching to a set of Nick's at the moment for better comfort and durability.

I like your taste in cars, @bykfixer - I drive a Lexus LC500 in my dreams. The LS300h or even the GT86 might be a bit more realistic though… ;)