How many torches have Fenix sold ???

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Anybody know how big a company Fenix actually is ?
How many employees are on their payroll ?
What their turnover was for 2005 ?
What their profit was for the year ?

I'm wondering as it seems only us CPF dudes really know of, and have bought any of their lights !!

What markets are they selling into ?

Although the L series are superb lights, I can't see them selling in volume to any major retail outfits as Joe Public still won't spend almost $50 on a torch of that size .....

Does Fenix run a huge factory with hundreds of staff making thousands of lights a week, mostly being sold in Asia ....... or is it a small family firm with less than a dozen staff making only a 100 torches week, mostly being sold to flashaholics ??

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, 6 since the last sentence only counts as one question.

-David

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't answer any of those questions either. I can tell you I've bought 11 of them (L1P). One for me and 10 for non-flashaholic friends. They love them.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, that is pretty commendable wasBlinded.

-David

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a VERY interesting question, at least on the number sold, or expected to sell.

There was a great deal of R&D done on this one.

A thousand or so lights wouldn't pay for much of this.

I do know, I've "sold" six or seven in my medium sized Tennessee town, simply by showing it to firefighters, hunters, and the like. They simply could not believe a light existed like this one.

deusexaethera

Banned
I knew about Fenix months before I became a member of CPF. (Technically, I knew about CPF first, but I viewed it with suspicion at the time.) There are people in the biking community who have never heard of CPF who have Fenix flashlights, and their bike mounts.

I'm guessing they've sold a lot of torches.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix has many distributors all over the World. So I think that they sell a lot of flashlights.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Seems I've read of stores in Hong Kong selling them. Probably the same in other Chinese cities where more folks have "flashlight bucks". I'd bet they're making their way into camping/specialty stores worldwide. They should.

Geoff

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix is a private company in Asia, I doubt you'll find much information to address your questions.

I could speculate and say that their target market is those who seeks valued flashlight. That is, those that want a high quality flashlight without paying for a steep premium for them.

It's true that the average Joe will not know any flashlight brands besides Maglite (at least in the US), but with the strong presence of the Internet, this is not as big of an issue that in the past where everything is purchased from Brick and Mortar stores. Think about how many reviews have been done on Fenixes and how many forums talk about them. If the average Joe wants to purchase a flashlight for ______________ (fill in your purpose), chances are very high that they'll find information about Fenix lights.

bodhran

Enlightened
I'd be curious to see the answer to those questions. I'm a big fan of Fenix myself, and many of my friends don't even know what a Surefire is, never mind a Fenix. Like someone here has already mentioned. If you have a Fenix and two or three friends are impressed and buy one themselves, after awhile that's going to add up to a lot of flashlights. I've seen too that Fenix makes lights for police and military to they probably have a good sized Asian market.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Fenix has many distributors all over the World. So I think that they sell a lot of flashlights.
I'll bet they do a lot better outside of the US. For example, if the sales ratio of Fenix to SureFire in the US, is say, 1:1 (I made that ratio up for the sake of this discussion), I'll bet it's way higher than that elsewhere. I wouldn't hazard a guess about total sales though.

Last edited: