Warm white LUXEON ??!!

liteglow

Enlightened
Hi

I have alot of Luxeon leds, and I must say i`m very impressed with the bright light they produce :)

But the cold bluish light is not so nice to use inside\outside becouse of the colour..

And I know there is warm-white luxeon. (see link)
http://luxeon.com/products/line.cfm?lineId=12

I just wonder if you know anybody that sell the LEDs ???
(Yes i think you can buy from the web page, but ONLY if you live in the US)

I can se many Luxeon at eBay, but none of them is warm white :( :(

plz help ....

Thanx

liteglow

Enlightened
yea.. I will try to send them a e-mail, i just hope it will not take 4 weeks to i get a reply !!

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
forget them.
Their light output has not raised any number.

Just tried one of my early mods, 1-2 years old. Lux 1 warm white, Badboy, running at 600-700 mA (to get about 300 mA at the led), fraen.
Output way dimmer than the normal whites even from that time.
My actusl EDC 2AA light has a 1 year old slightly green tint LED, everything else is same, except for only getting 600 mA max from the battery and this one is definitly brighter than the warm white.
Imagine a newer, better white LED ( a Q or a R bin)...

The color that comes from the warm white is great, agreed. Like normal incand.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could also try a luxeon of a bin that doesn't have a bluish tint. The XO, YO, and YA bins are all going to be blue to an extent. Have you tried something in the WO, X1, V1, or VO color bins?

I've found the WO color bin to be closest to white. I've also had some excellent X1s.

onthebeam

Enlightened
I find TWOJ to be warm and white. Not too warm, just pleasing. Like Fujichrome vs. Ektachrome, if you remember those ancient days of film.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some have characterized the tint of the TWO? as being pinkish. My interpretation of "the chart" is that the WO tint is supposedly the whitest that you can get; however, when comparing two luxeons side by side, of different bins, each will make the other appear to show more of the tint that it leans toward.

Directly comparing an XO to a WO will likely make the XO seem bluer and the WO seem redder. The only way to truly judge a luxeon's color is to shine a single light at a white wall and then determine whether that tint is pleasing to you. I recommend doing this at a time when you had not recently viewed a bunch of LEDS. For some reason, after viewing a bunch of LEDs of differing tints, your eyes will play tricks on you.

There have been many nights when I've had to ask my wife is something "looked" white, after having built multiple lights in a single evening and having had to test them for function.

liteglow

Enlightened
thanx for all the reply :)

i dont know what kind of luxeon I got :eek:
I did just order whatever was on sale at eBay haha...

But I will try to buy that TWOJ you did mention :)

Cheers

liteglow

Enlightened
I did get reply from Luxeon.com !
And it was like i did think :(

"Can you tell me how many pieces you will need? If it is less than 100 pcs then you may want to try Farnell or RS Components. We would need you to open an account and there will be minimum order quantities."

And I cant buy from farnell becouse you must have a company to buy from them...
So once again, I`m Lost :(

ginaz

Enlightened
i have a couple of v1's that i find very pleasing to the eye. they have a slight tint of yellow that gives an almost golden light.