Wikipedia entry

metalhed

Enlightened
Earlier today, as part of my regular 'link checks' for my site, I surfed by the Wikipedia entry for 'Flashlight' and was slightly miffed at what I saw.

Someone had edited the flashlight-related links list at the bottom of the page, erroneously modifying a couple of existing links (including mine) and adding some rude remarks concerning CPF's recent accessibility issues. Nothing too strong mind you, but still unnecessary and inappropriate for an encyclopedia entry. I have made what I feel are the proper corrections, but I'm afraid that's not really the answer.

So, I would like to ask two things;

1) If you have altered (or are considered altering) Wikipedia pages to express dissatisfaction with any aspect of our hobby...PLEASE STOP. You do a disservice to all of us by making disputes a part of such a important resource.

2) I ask all CPF'ers, and in fact all flashaholics, to check the above referenced page once in a while, and help correct obvious inaccuracies and mean-spirited slurs.

I know we have our own CPF Wiki, but the Wikipedia entry is an opportunity for us, as a group of flashlight hobbyists, to help the general public learn about our hobby. And I hope you see it as I do, an important resource that should be protected.

Thanks....that's all.

Steve

carrot

Flashaholic
Looking at the revisions done on this article... I think the blame is better placed not within our own community.

I'm wondering how many CPFers contributed to the Flashlight article and other related articles on Wikipedia... I added a few more related links and removed some unpleasant things written about CPF at one point.

watt4

Enlightened
cpf had a link in the text area, but I added that cpf link in "external links" earlier this month. several more links have been added since then.

Last edited: