Peak Pacific

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.peakledsolutions.net/Pacific.html

I'm excited for this release. 1xaaa using what might be a luxeon i, and yet gets good runtime for the chambering. on the dim, but good output curve and possibly good color (if it is indeed using a luxeon).

I personally HATE the 5mm led 1aaa's out there, terrible blue tint and low lifetime....this might be the first production 1aaa lux i out there?

paulr

Flashaholic
Definitely not the first--for example, the Fenix L0p is already out and available, while the Pacific is just entering beta test. The Pacific might be a nicer light though.

Flashlight Enthusiast
paulr said:
Definitely not the first--for example, the Fenix L0p is already out and available, while the Pacific is just entering beta test. The Pacific might be a nicer light though.

Are peaks usually good lights? i've never owned one....the 1 year waranntee does concern me a bit...

Hans

Enlightened
357 said:
Are peaks usually good lights? i've never owned one....the 1 year waranntee does concern me a bit...

I've got a couple of Peak Matterhorns. No problems at all. Very tough and reliable lights that get a lot of use in all sorts of conditions.

Hans

Macaw

Enlightened
I wouldn't concern myself too much with the one year warranty. Peak has very good quality. I wouldn't doubt that they would back a product within a reasonable time beyond the stated warranty, especially if you identify yourself as a CPF member. I contrast this with warranties from makers such as Fenix. Where you going to send your L0P if it conks out two years down the road? The retailers will only be willing to back their wares for so long.

Last edited:

Xygen

Enlightened
357 said:
but good output curve

I wouldn't call that a good curve as long as the x-axis isn't linear? Thats very misleading! Shame!

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xygen said:
I wouldn't call that a good curve as long as the x-axis isn't linear? Thats very misleading! Shame!

The nonlinear scale works against peak not for them. The increase in time increments makes the decline appear more dramatic than it really is.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
xochi said:
The nonlinear scale works against peak not for them. The increase in time increments makes the decline appear more dramatic than it really is.

I think it works for them.
The scale makes it look like it has flat regulation for a longer time. People will look at that and say, oh it lasts for 3 hours to 50% on an alkaline. Then a quick look at the graph shows that it has pretty good regulation for more than half of the 8 hour life. But since the x-axis is not linear, it really only has good regulation for 2 hours, and then it slowly drops off.

So I think that it makes it look like it has a flatter regulation for a longer time than it really has.

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Feb 6... SWEET!!!! Just in time for my birthday!!!!! (Feb 18)
I'm for darn sure getting this light as soon as it's available.