Uniross AA 2500mh batteries

M

MKChris

Anyone know how Uniross AA batteries compare with Energiser etc.

minimig

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I have a set (4 pcs) of Uniross 2100mAh AA's, They have a slower self discharge than my Kodak (HR) 2100mAh AA's.

I alternate the Kodak and Uniross in my GPS. I put the fully charged Uniross in the GPS and after 1 month (unused) I turn it on and the battery indicator bar is still full. I do the same with the Kodak, after 1 month (unused) I turn it on and the battery indicator bar has gone down a few notches.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about other capacities but Uniross 2300s are particularly bad. I've seen tests that rate them at 1800mah and they also seem to die after about 100 charges. I purchased 8 of them and two of the cells died after about 6 months of very light use (perhaps 20 charges?) This may be due to the crappy charger that comes with them. Here in the UK, Uniross seems to be very popular for NiMh rechargeables- they are available at most shops. I can't understand why.
THEY SUCK :thumbsdow

BrianChan

Newly Enlightened
The Uniross 2500mAh sold in my country are most likely rebadged Sanyos. They have the 'HR' mark on the negative plate and they look identical in size and design as my Energizer 2500s. If this can be confirmed they (2500mAhs) can't be that bad after all. I'm not sure about their other batteries with lower capacities though.