Peli M6 LED

ScumNL

Newly Enlightened
m6_led_g.jpg

I realy like the looks of this light but it can shine 50 lumes( )with a LED for 40 hours!

Is this realy true?And do you got any beamshots or reviews?:huh2:

http://www.peli.com/li_m6led.html
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]#2330 M6 LED

The M6 LED offers one Watt of Luxeon power, nearly double the brightness of conventional LED lights. The result: 41 lumens of powerful, bright, high intensity light output. And because LEDs are the most efficient form of illumination, the M6 delivers 40 hours of burn time and 10.000 hours of lamp life. Other significant features to the new M6 LED is its highly resistant CNC aluminium body with a non-slip knurled grip that provides a sure grip in the palm of your hand and its weapon recoil resistance (contact us for weapon mounts). It is available in black and it comes with batteries and holster with a battery compartment included for free.

The M6 even gives you a choice of how to activate the light: a light pressure on the thumb-switch for momentary on or click for continuous on. Also the tail cap twists out for lock-off mode to prevent involuntary switch on.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]S[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ame as the rest of our products, the new M6 LED is covered under the Unconditional Guarantee forever.[/font]

Last edited:

iced_theater

Enlightened
Looks like a couple hours of runtime. I always check the review sites to see what the manufactures lie about. Gives you a chance to see what the light is like and to compare with other lights to find what you really should get.

ScumNL

Newly Enlightened
But i like these a little bit more than Surefire G2's etc, because they only run for 60 minutes!

But the Peli M6 LED got 4 1/2 star so its a good one and i gonna buy it....
I make pics when i get it.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
NO, No, guys... Pelican did the runtime on this light by measuring how long it will stay brighter than "moonlight" and I forgot how much lux "moonlight" is but thats how they did it. I like the M6 LED... its a dandy light.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
ScumNL said:
But i like these a little bit more than Surefire G2's etc, because they only run for 60 minutes!

But the Peli M6 LED got 4 1/2 star so its a good one and i gonna buy it....
I make pics when i get it.

well, if you're gonna get the M6 3W, that I think you'll love it.

-David

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the first version of the M6, the one that isn't regulated, and I like it very much. It has a lot of throw but the spot isn't too tight like it is with some lights I've seen. The regulated version is more expensive but is a better light.

It will have better runtime than incandescents like the G2, but the output is a little less.

greenLED

Flashaholic
The Peli M6 LED has one of the best beams and best throws for a LED-based light. Although Peli makes excellent lights, they tend to vastly overestimate their runtime. Their 41 hour runtime is how long the LED is "on", which doesn't mean you'll get enough usable light. The latest version of the Peli M6 will give you at least 1.5 hours of regulated output.

This was my first serious light, and I absolutely loved it.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had 2, and I wouldnt buy another one. Completely non-regulated, and the threads suck.

I'd recomend the Fenix L2P over the M6, you basically get the same beam, but constant light output.

IonFire

Enlightened
I have a couple pelican products.

My M6 LED, is a sweet little light, some have stated like Chevofreak about rough threads, i think this may only have effected a few of them.

I know several people that have them localy, and no thread problems.
So it seems, to hit every other one, i don't know.

The light itself, is great, nice throw, good enough hot spot to light up distant objects,a nd nice enough flood to easily walk by late at night.

Good switch on my units aswell, no problems, very smooth compared to my SF's.

Does not, and absolutely will not last 40 hours with the beam it starts out with, lucky for about 1.5-2 hours of decent light, about par with other lights, but not its bigger brother,(M6 3Watt)

Last thoughts, this is the LED, that knocked my incans(Stock Mags) to the back of the shelf.

IF