• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **CLOSED** WTB: McLux III Titanium

Regentag

Banned
CASH - CASH - CASH - CASH - CASH - CASH

paid immediately for your McLux III T (Titanium)

283813SDC.jpg

Please PM or E-mail me if you would like to sell yours.

wink2.gif
Thanks for looking!
wink2.gif

*** CLOSED *** CLOSED *** CLOSED *** CLOSED ***

Last edited:

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WANT TO BUY: McLux III Titanium ***CASH***

he's serious too... dont let his post count fool ya!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have no interest in this exept for the amount of CASH being offered. Beleive me I own one of these I will never sell it. I have many lights that I will never sell. I do wonder. What is it about this light that draws you to it?
How much Cash?
Maybe I should do a passaround of this light.... Mine. That way many (10) people get to enjoy the light, for a short time.
I must think.
Yaesumofo

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

he's Titanium crazy.. he's buying all the Ti lights he can find... lol

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

For some odd reason this WTB strongly recalls the memory of a scene from the movie "Blow" where Johhny Depp's character is struggling to count tens of millions of dollars and happens upon the solution of simply weighing bundles of hundreds on a multi-pound scale....

For the life of me I cant remember the exact formula but he and his partner were arguing over whether 25 or 30 pounds of bills equalled a million or something to that effect, but there was so much money a few pounds of error here or there amounted to a negliglible mistake with so much raw cash on hand.

I really dont think any McLux-T owners are likely to part with their lights, at all. Period. At the time of introduction nearly $400 seemed rather steep for a 3W LED light, albeit one of the finest that could be bought. Now seeing the huge demand left in the wake of the end of the build on behalf of the few with the means to afford it, money is the most insignificant issue IMHO.

Its a signature piece, like a Larry Light or a SF L6 Porcupine. In the hands of a fortunate few. Happily the general consensus is also out in the world instead of in a drawer or on a shelf. People are carrying and using the T. I'm in awe and amazement of the whole phenomenon.

One of the most novel elements is CPF is the central axis that joins all the participants. This is one unique place to spend time, for certain....

Regentag

Banned
Re: WANT TO BUY: McLux III T ***CASH***

I missed the movie, so the scene references mean little to me, but I hope you enjoyed the film. Perhaps I should catch it on HBO?

While your observations are most illuminating... on the offchance that an owner (other than yourself) should exercise free will and decide for reasons of their own to part with a III-T, I can assure the seller that my intentions are honorable, and that the flashlight will be going to a good home. Period.

Though I am new to The Forum, Flashlights have been one of my "favorite things" for at least 4 decades. I don't collect trophies - I use tools. Whenever possible, I like to use the best tool for the job. For a variety of reasons, in the case of an EDC flashlight, I believe the McLux III-T may be the very best of the best.

I will pay a fair price - which may translate to a not insubstantial profit for the seller, should they desire one. As I mentioned earlier, the transaction will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.

If you have this light, and are considering selling it, please PM me. Perhaps we can reach a mutually acceptable arrangement.

Thank you.

///Regentag

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

If McGizmo could sell me another one for $380.00....I could sell you mine for only $5000.00 ;) :nana:

Good Luck, and why don't you wait for another batch from McGizmo ????

Regentag

Banned

Well, that would just be downright silly.

As far as waiting for the next batch - a few reasons:

1. From reading through McGizmo's III-T thread, it is not entirely clear, but it appears he is not planning on making another run in Titanium. From the look of it, he made a certain number of bodies/tubes (100 or so), built up 20 to give to friends, sold 60 based on preregistration or some other system, and is keeping the remaining parts (unbuilt) for "future projects". The future project may be another batch of III-T's with some new whizbang emitter/driver ... I don't know. But it is pretty safe to say that demand will far outstrip supply (again), so a lottery or seniority system will likely be employed, neither of which bode well for me. This means that then, as now, my only viable option is to find one on the secondary market, adn to pay the premium.

2. I am, by my own admission, somewhat impulsive - so even if the above were not true (which is entirely possible), "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". If there is a chance of finding one from the last batch, which as I understand wrapped up just a couple of months ago, I am inclined to "go for it". It can't hurt to ask.

Just my thoughts, I hope that I've answered your questions.

Cheers,

///Rainy

ibcj

Enlightened

Regentag said:
For a variety of reasons, in the case of an EDC flashlight, I believe the McLux III-T may be the very best of the best.

///Regentag

I agree with you !

I don't think that it can hurt to ask, as you never know. Maybe someone who bought one will run into a financial situation where they are forced to sell.

As for me, I won't be selling, sorry.

For your sake and many others, I do hope that Don is able to do another run of this great light.

Sturluson

Enlightened

Regentag, you've saved, obviously, for a rainy day...

Seriously, you own no one an explanaton, though you've written with clarity and ..ahem.. illumination. Thank you for that!

charlesn

Enlightened

Perhaps it's just me, yaesumofo, but the tone of your post strikes me as more than a bit taunting of someone who obviously wants a McLux III-Ti and is simply hoping to purchase one on the secondary market by soliciting for a seller. Why respond to his post by saying, essentially, "I've got one but I'll never sell it." A mean-spirited reply, don't you think, in a thread created solely to find a seller? Moreover, if you have no intention of selling your light to him, why ask the buyer what he finds so attractive about the light and how much cash he's willing to pay for it? Since you're not selling, the answers clearly shouldn't matter to you, apart from the self-gratification of confirming that you have something rare that others want.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

Regentag,

Allow me to extend my welcome to this most unusual and wonderful community of enthusiasts here at CPF. I must compliment you on exemplary fine taste and a sharp eye for quality, and my congratulations on your recent acquisition of Chop's Aluminum Bronze Custom. I'm the very lucky owner of 2 of his prototypes that I came about both by accident / circumstance. You made an excellent choice in that light and setting your sights on a McLux T is very understandable. Not possible to set the bar much higher in terms of attainable quality. I was shut out of the original run, a victim of my own circumstances, and stated my case much the same as you are here. No need to explain yourself, no question of your intention or honor at all.

I do however believe there are a lot of very exciting releases yet to come from Don's imagination and existing foundational work. A lot to look forward to. If you havent seen it theres a photo of one of his Ti prototype large heads styled after the soon to be released 27LT light in the McLux Ti thread in McGizmo Forum. As a practical high performance tool the 27LT is right around the corner and you will be able to have the same chance as any of us to obtain one right away, and it will likely suit your EDC applications as well if not better than the Ti. Also dont rule out the PD, which IMHO has distinct advantages for EDC use compared to the Ti, far less expensive and more available.

Being a Ti fan, you must also look into the Exolion in Custom Mod if you havent already.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance. I occasionally visit FF and you are legendary and I should spell that with all capital letters for your remarkable series of acquisitions in BST there. I too have been in a similar buying mode in days past and just want to bid you welcome. I have to admit I was extraordinarily curious as to who this person was that was the topic of so much commentary, all revolving around titanium. I'm fanatic about exotic machined purpose constructed alloy metals myself so its always nice to find a bird of the same feather.

If you have any questions you can always PM or email me, happy to help however I can. CPF is a virtual home away from home for me, with a great assemblage of character(S). ;)

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast

Regentag said:
From reading through McGizmo's III-T thread, it is not entirely clear, but it appears he is not planning on making another run in Titanium.
///Rainy

Maybe this question should be directly asked to Don? After all, it hasn't been clearly stated that there will be, or not be, another run of the McLuxIII-T.

It is totally possible that Don himself doesn't know if he is going to run another batch of the T, but at least, it will be clear in everyone's mind! It is also possible that the answer is a "no"
awman.gif
... or a "yes" with an approximate date!
paypal.gif

Crossing fingers anyway :whistle:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Because I am interested in the human nature of the entire phenomena. It is certainly not intended to me mean spirited. It is a statement of the truth for me and I dare say a few other people who own the light.
Why you would focus on the your perception of my " mean spirited reply" while ignoring the very generous idea to create group pass around for the light. I have still not received an answer to the very question I asked. I asked for a very specific purpose. There are times when the actual numbers of dollars involved have have the strange effect of changing peoples minds about things. Words other than actual numbers do NOT have this effect.
I was simply attempting to accelerate the potential.

How many people are there out there who would like to have and use this light for a week or two. That very time with the light may relieve the feeling that some people have that they have missed out.
I would much rather put my light up for a pass around knowing that it would come to me in the end than sell the light never to see it again.
Funny how nobody even commented on the idea of a pass around.

charles n, I am sorry that you feel this way about my posting. I am not the type of person that celebrates his good fortune by making other people feel less fortunate as you suggest. Since when is it wrong to ask a person a question about why they like something or how they feel about something? It is sort of a common human thing. Two people are attracted to something but possibly for different reasons.
I will answer the question I asked about what draws me to the light.
First I love Titanium. I own several objects made of this material. Ti is a unique material. Next I have been using a McLuxIII PD a black one with U-bin as my EDC for some time. I love the design and execution of this light. Now combine the design strengths of the PD (with no pd) with my personal favorite metallic material and you will have created something that draws me to it.

I apologize for driving this thread off topic. I is my strong hope that you find a seller. I hope one will step forward at some point.

yaesumofo

charlesn said:
Perhaps it's just me, yaesumofo, but the tone of your post strikes me as more than a bit taunting of someone who obviously wants a McLux III-Ti and is simply hoping to purchase one on the secondary market by soliciting for a seller. Why respond to his post by saying, essentially, "I've got one but I'll never sell it." A mean-spirited reply, don't you think, in a thread created solely to find a seller? Moreover, if you have no intention of selling your light to him, why ask the buyer what he finds so attractive about the light and how much cash he's willing to pay for it? Since you're not selling, the answers clearly shouldn't matter to you, apart from the self-gratification of confirming that you have something rare that others want.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hello Regentag and welcome!

You sound like a man after my own heart! :) I had 50 sets of the McLuxIII T made after getting over the shock of the quoted price and reducing my initial plan of 100 sets by half. I had no idea how many would accept the price of these lights where I would set it; a price that would allow me a reasonable but not usury return on investment, time and limited resources. I knew that if they didn't sell well I would be consoled with a fleet of lights that were the ultimate in simplicity and material form and function to my biased way of thinking. I could line them up and feel "wealthy". :green: I could also afford such a folly but not without significant financial impact. An unsuccessful run of 100 sets would have been a financial disaster!!

I was quite surprised at how well these were received and how quickly they were spoken for! Certainly in retrospect I wish I had gone for the 100 sets. That probably would have satisfied all seeking or wanting one of these as well as left me with a number for my own use and explorations.

Quite simply, I have many problems and most need not be shared with you guys; they are after all my problems!!:eek: However some certainly effect that which I offer. I have more ideas and designs that I would like to visit than I will ever have the time or resources to explore. I guess the been there, done that sort of applies. If I were to do another run of these McLuxIII-T's then this would be at the expense of some other program. I am not ruling it out but there are shelves filled with other light sets that I have invested time and money in which need to be processed when I can get to them and have appropriate converters for them. I am spending more of my time these days doing design and proto work for other companies and this is at the time expense of my own projects.

I have stated that the McLuxIII-T's I kept back were worth $380 to me else I would have sold them. I do not feel that I am in a position to take advantage of a short supply and especially when I have control over that supply! I understand that this is acceptable business but it is not how I chose to do business. I have no problem with others, and certainly individuals, selling their lights for a market price influenced by supply and demand but it's not for me. Should I decide to make 1000 of these T's tomorrow, I would want to feel perfectly free and clear to do so. This would upset those owners who feel that the value of their light has been diluted as a result. Well they are probably very safe cause I don't see 1000 of these being made but I retain that option and if anyone is bothered by that, I will gladly refund their purchase. :p

I have tried to be fair with how these lights were sold and released and regardless of how I sold them, a shortage left some empty handed; no way around it.

Well, this is long winded and I need to get back to work! I have a few of these T's and they are mine to do with what I will! They were not and are not part of the original offering. It would seem that you were not present when these were offered so it is not a case of hesitation on your part. Other members were also engaged in the holidays and missed the offering and my bad for its timing. I could contact you in private and likely sell you a T for more than the original price. This is a viable option to others but not to me and my way of thinking.

Because you were not a member at the time and because I get a kick out of your want to buy post here, I am offering you one of my McLuxIII-T's for the original $380 price. If it does not meet your expectations, you can return it for full refund or you are free to resell it and there seems to be a reasonable market for these. My offer here will likely disappoint and upset some other members who have been contacting me for one of these and that is certainly not my intent. If by chance you have already obtained one of these privately, I would ask you not to take this offer but I have no control over your actions nor any right to quallify this offer beyond this simple request.

I am not sure this offer will qualify as a good deed, possibly to some quite the contrary, but I do anticipate punishment as a result; one way or the other! :nana:

If you decide you want one, please send me an E-mail with your mailing address. I won't be able to build this out until next week when I have returned from SHOT. You can provide PP payment after notification that it has been mailed.

As to future projects, I don't have firm plans yet beyond satisfying work and plans in progress as well as making upfor lost leisure while visiting Maui!!

I love Ti and its price and expense is suited for small and limited production runs. Works for me! :D I would be thrilled if my designs can get in the hands of those seeking them and especially if this can be done without being limited to my resources. JSB is undertaking quite a project and included at present is a new version of the PD. I wish him well and stand to possibly benefit at his success! If I can manage to increase my finances and reduce my time spent (hands on) I can expand in my activities and designs and do more goofy things! :grin2:

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm impressed, Don. :wow:
You are really someone.

Since I have the PD, I am dying to get one of those T too.

But I'm glad for you, Regentag, enjoy!! :wave:

If you don't want it, could I get it instead? :lolsign:

CLHC

Flashaholic

WHOA!

Well there you go Regentag! McGizmo is really a stand up person. I'll say very generous of Don. . .These McLux.PDs whether in Ti or other finishes, are definitely works of art. I am very please with chrome SS version. . .

Enjoy!

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WANT TO BUY: McLux III T (Closed) *Thank you, Don*

WOW!

Nice catch Regentag!
I wish i had though of that...aw well,im crossing my fingers for a second run!

Cheers to Don for beeing so BigHearted.

Enjoy your new light ;)
Benny