Noisy mouse

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
This might belong in the Cafe, but I was rereading the D LiIon thread in Group Buys when I heard a noise from somewhere close in front of me. Like is there a bug crawling in the loose postits pile? I kept hearing it and finally put my ear against my Logitech Cordless Optical mouse. Voila! (and wtf!) I popped the battery cover and one of the Energizer AAs was leaking. That's freshly leaking- no corrosion and clear liquid all over. I wiped it out, and will monitor it for corrosion. You had to have heard it to appreciate it! :crackup:

Larry

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope no one saw you holding your mouse up to your ear. I'd hate to lose you to the Men In White. That would be totally unacceptable! :D

Good thing it decided to let go while you where there. No Logitech should meet it's demise in such a grizzly fashion.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just posted about a light I had with sizzling/vibrating energizers in another thread. It kind of scared me as the light was vibrating quite badly!

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait, what model?? I just got a M1000 and I like it too much to hear about them whizzing all over themselves...

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello PhotonWrangler,

:devil: I don't see the reason for your amazement... Don't you make noise when you take a leak... :nana:

I believe the internal pressure inside an Alkaline cells is around 15 psi. When the charge drops to near 0, the seals give up and the cell leaks.

Tom

carrot

Flashaholic
Omega Man said:
Wait, what model?? I just got a M1000 and I like it too much to hear about them whizzing all over themselves...
The model is "Logitech Cordless Optical"... not the Cordless Click! or MX series. It's the basic Logitech cordless. I don't think you have to worry with the MX series as they use NIMH and charge in the cradle. Stick with the included batteries and you should be fine.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I can't adaquately describe the sound it made! I've had the mouse several years- it was the first "cordless optical," I think, and I've run primaries in it since day one. I have to assume it was gas venting along with the liquid. (But it didn't sound like a fart! :green: ) The buttons and scroll wheel have an audible clicks, but this was major different! It was pretty bizarre! Bummer is those were the Energizers on supersale recently at Home Depot and I have a bunch of them.

Larry

greenLED

Flashaholic
When I saw the topic I thought you had a mouse inside your house! :laughing:

It was *awesome* to meet you, Larry! :grouphug: