ARC LS & Nite Ize IQ switch

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is just a guess, but, this looks like a pwm thing. It should fit since you can use the kroll from a Arc on a Mag and I believe it will work. I need to buy one of those cutdown mags.

cy

Flashaholic
even since I saw the iq switch at shot show. been dying to get one to try on ARC LS

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep that's my next light purchase tooo that IQ switch sounds like the perfect ARC LS-P switch for the AA tail. ohhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait

Doug

greenLED

Flashaholic
CY said:
even since I saw the iq switch at shot show. been dying to get one to try on ARC LS

Ditto. The Nite-Ize rep told me at SHOT that he didn't see why it wouldn't work with any LED drop-in, but... all bets are on until somebody actually tries one.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad ....

err, uhh while for me the Nite Ize Iq is about the coolest thing I've seen from the Shot updates, I keep thinking "Why would anyone need multiple levels from a stock minimag?"

The IQ only seems cool for LED upgraded lights.

Connor

Enlightened
jayflash said:
Any source & price info?

Source .. probably available soon @ the usual suspects. :grin2: Price point ... ~US$ 9,-

-Connor

Last edited:

mosport

Enlightened
The Nite-Ize website says they'll be shipping this month so hopefully we'll start seeing them in Canada by Christmas:nana:

They don't even sell the AA led upgrade at Walmart here, looks like I'll have to order an IQ Switch online.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw that they released an IQ switch at shot 2004. It was much longer and I've never actually seen one but it had similar functionality to the current unit.
Anybody ever seen one or know the story behind the older unit?

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
These look cool. I want one. or two or three... Now to find someone that sells them online. If I wait for them to be on the shelves here in Canada it will likely be Xmas 2010. Has anybody found an online reseller for these yet?

zwf

greenLED

Flashaholic
Azotech in South Africa is behind the IQ switch. They have a variety of end-user solutions that other light manufacturers are using (BD IQ headlamps come to mind).

cy

Flashaholic
no sightings in the wild yet...

sure looking forward to this little goodie!

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
This email was from 6-13-06

Dear Russ,

Thank you for contacting us here at Nite Ize. The IQ switch will be available at the end of this month. Once available, you may purchase the IQ switch online at www.niteize.com and www.zbattery.com. Some additional new products you might find of interest are C/D cell L.E.D. upgrades, currently available at Target, Sportsman's Warehouse, and Bass Pro Shops, and AA MagLite L.E.D. Upgrade Kits in red, blue and green, available at Bass Pro and Sportsman's Warehouse. You can read more about these products on our website:

http://www.niteize.com/productdetail.php?category_id=28&product_id=127&PHPSESSID=6a13cef2489d7d3347425b62cf6d602f

http://www.niteize.com/productdetail.php?category_id=28&product_id=110&PHPSESSID=6a13cef2489d7d3347425b62cf6d602f

Your support of Nite Ize products is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Cari Allen

Nite Ize, Inc.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apologies for resurrecting an ancient thread.

Just thought I'd mention for the Canadian members that were looking for the Nite Ize IQ switch or AA LED kit that Mountain Equipment Co-op carries them. That's where I bought mine.