Help with microscope LED upgrade?

FirstDsent

Enlightened
I have a small 20X field microscope. The stage lamp uses a small screw-based 5 watt incan bub in in a large (~.500") brass adapter that snugs into a pinch holder. The lamp runs off a single cr123. Can anyone suggest a self-contained Luxeon LED module that includes an appropriate resistor or regulator and a floody reflector? I imagine something like a surefire lamp assembly, but LED. I can adapt the holder to just about anything as long as the module isn't huge. I only have so much room to work inside the cover.

Thanks for any help!
Bernie

randyo

Enlightened
Something like this?

Tektite LS-233

I replace the bulb in my Bausch & Lomb 10X Coddington Magnifier. It's not significantly brighter, but there is some improvment in intensity. However, the more natural color and longer battery runtime make it worthy.

FirstDsent

Enlightened
randyo said:
Something like this?

Tektite LS-233

I replace the bulb in my Bausch & Lomb 10X Coddington Magnifier. It's not significantly brighter, but there is some improvment in intensity. However, the more natural color and longer battery runtime make it worthy.
Dude! That is almost perfect! My setup has a shallow polished stainless reflector that would benefit from the side-emitter.

I'm still open to any setups that include an integral reflector, but I can sure make this work. The brightness isn't so much my issue, as is battery life in the field, and diffusion.

Thank you,
Bernie