NightHunter vs 10x?

fracman

Newly Enlightened
I own a Surefire M6 (and a dozen more) and have the 10x on order. Price is barely an obstacle with me... I am unemployed, but an addict. I just got to have the BEST flashlights in the world. HELPPPPP!

Seriously, I'd appreciate the advice.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you mean NightHunter II or really NightHunter? NightHunter is huge and weighted almost 10 lbs.

If you really mean NightHunter, I think you should compare it with Maxabeam and Plasma Beam. All of these light are in class of brightness and weight.

For NightHunter II, it weight aroundl 4 lbs. However, it doesn't have much information (no wattage, candle power, lumens or how far its light could reach) in its web site. The brightness demo picture in their web sites is from NightHunter. For better comparison, you could ask them to send you an evaluation unit.

Alan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

They won't send you an evaluation unit. I already asked. They will sell you one with a 30 day money back return policy.

I was told that all the lights they lent out as demo's were retained by the users and not returned. Mostly they sell to the government and so it can be difficult to get demo's returned. Who, ya, gunna, call?

Also since they mostly sell to the government they can gouge the heck out of the customer. I have also heard that they are back ordered for 1 to 4 months (factory guy said one month, and a friend who visited them said 4 months). So they really have no incentive to lower the outragous price.

Too bad too, sounds like a truely awesome light.