Firefox 1.5 Scrolling

carrot

Flashaholic
Without a wheel, I use either an external mouse, the scrolling trackpad on my Powerbook, or failing that, keys on the keyboard -- Home, End, Page Up, Page Down, and the Up and Down arrow keys.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Mine seems to work fine, I've got 2 tabs open now. I'll keep an eye on it with more tabs open...

I just opened 2 more tabs - still scrolling fine (after pages loaded of course).

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
carrot said:
Without a wheel, I use either an external mouse, the scrolling trackpad on my Powerbook, or failing that, keys on the keyboard -- Home, End, Page Up, Page Down, and the Up and Down arrow keys.
I have a finger pad mouse and I mostly use the up down arrows and Page Up/Dwn. The Home and End don't do anything. hmmm

My version is 1.5.01

carrot

Flashaholic
In my experience in most browsers, home and end are supposed to take you to the top and bottom of the pages.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
CroMAGnet said:
Is it just me or does the scrolling really suck in the browser window?

Not sure what you mean. What's it doing? Sometimes I have 4 or five tabs on the bottom and 3 or 4 tabs within one of those (the "main one" that I'm using), and it still seems to scroll fine. Hmmm....maybe, I'll just keep my eyes open. It might be that I've just become accustomed to bad scrolling.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me clarify a bit. Since I dont have a scroll wheel I use the page up and down buttons along with the arrow keys. The effect I get is that when I click open a new tab I was able to use all those buttons to affect the screen.

Since upgrading I have not been able to move the screen with the page up/down BUT if I us a down arrow the page shoot to the very bottom and I then I can use page up and down. OR if instead I hit the up arrow it seems to 'unlock' the page scrolling and then I can use the page down and up to scroll. Actually, not scroll but page down and up. NO scrolling action what so ever. AND if I just use the arrow keys what I'm actually doing is controlling the cursor and the cursor goes down the screen and went it gets to the bottom it scrolls down the page UNLESS there is a dead end for the cursor, then it just stops. Like at some pictures or web pages using frames. That's the worst.

I've tried changing some of the internal options under the tools menu but no luck.

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
No scroll wheel? What kind of computer are you using? I know Biglots sells mice w/scroll wheels for $2 (for PCs w/PS2 port).

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I should get a USB mouse for my laptop then? hmmm I haven't considered it. Maybe I should. IE doesn't have this problem but ever since I stopped using IE there have been a LOT less spyware issues. Been about 8mths or more norw.

cosine

Newly Enlightened
Well, just out of curiosity I opened two dozen tabs my Firefox browser (that's right, 24 tabs) and scrolling, whether with my wheel mouse, page up and page down keys, or the scroll bar arrows works just fine. No problem at all.

(OTOH, I've got a fast computer. )

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Well I hate to keep saying this in front of those who are having problems - but mine still works just fine.

Gotta be a specific system problem/conflict of some sort. I'm running 1.5 on 3 different desktop systems with absolutely zero problems.