CMG (not Gerber) Infinity Ultras $15.96

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a site that claimed to offer old style CMG Infinity Ultras on closeout for $15.96 here. An email confirmed that this is the hard anodized, front twisty model and they had them in stock. One of the best lights made. Haven't done it, but I thought others might like to know.

They also sell old model Infinity Task lights (apparently in all colors) for under $11 here, and lots of other interesting sales.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 Light?? Come on, now, you'd need at least 5 or 6 of those ;)

Hmmm..wonder if shipping is flat-rate or not...

DaveG

Enlightened
LLBean has the Gerber label of this light on line for $23. if this one gets cleaned out.:)

Wireman

Newly Enlightened
How does the CMG Infinity Ultras compare to the new ARC AAA-P? Run time and brightness?

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wireman said:
How does the CMG Infinity Ultras compare to the new ARC AAA-P? Run time and brightness?

Well, as the Arc AAA-P uses the newest "CS" Nichia LED, which is around 80% brighter at the same current, it is a clearly brighter light. That said, the Ultra puts out a very useable amount of light with plenty of spill- perfect for camping and other total dark/up close applications.

Both lights drive their LEDs about equally as hard, so, due to the larger battery in the Ultra, it will go for around twice as long- about 10 hours.

It won't be as cheap, but hopefully Arc will be offering the Arc AA eventually which was cosmetically similar to the Ultra, but more refined. It was a little smaller, had a the ability to tail stand, and had a better finish. If and when they release it again, it will most likely have the same updated LED as in the AAA-P, unless there is something even better out there.

Raven

Enlightened
Radio said:
Shipping was flat rate for me, In for 8, shipping was $9.95

Thanks OP!!!

8?

Gee, thanks for giving everyone else a chance to get one :D

I keed. I keed.

Wireman

Newly Enlightened
Solstice said:
Well, as the Arc AAA-P uses the newest "CS" Nichia LED, which is around 80% brighter at the same current, it is a clearly brighter light. That said, the Ultra puts out a very useable amount of light with plenty of spill- perfect for camping and other total dark/up close applications.

Both lights drive their LEDs about equally as hard, so, due to the larger battery in the Ultra, it will go for around twice as long- about 10 hours.

It won't be as cheap, but hopefully Arc will be offering the Arc AA eventually which was cosmetically similar to the Ultra, but more refined. It was a little smaller, had a the ability to tail stand, and had a better finish. If and when they release it again, it will most likely have the same updated LED as in the AAA-P, unless there is something even better out there.
Thanks!

Fixer

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered 2 Ultras, 2 Sonics, 2 Infinities, shipping was ~$8.50.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was everyone charged tax on this? When I got to the last page once I paid it had an asterisk next to the item total saying "taxable item". I was given a pre-confirmation total which I am guessing is pre-taxed. I live in Florida and this place is in Illinois so I didn't think they would charge out of state tax. Anyone know for sure?

paulr

Flashaholic
I'm interested in an Ultra or two if someone wants to combine an order with me.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I have not received my confirmation order either. I placed the order Sunday night and received the preliminary total like you did immediately. I'll repost if anything changes.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope this isn't the same deal as Vicomptel. I order a few of them some months ago when I saw they had the regular Infinities in different colors (their listing for the Infinities on their website is STILL up) like Smoke, Ice Blue and Black, for a cheap price and I ordered several. It went right to a paypal page and I sent my payment. A few days go by and I never received an invoice so I contact the guy (that had no phone # mind you) and he said they are no longer in stock and paypal'ed me back the money. Seems kind of shady he still has the Infinities listed on his page if they are discontinued.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Radio, have you received a conformation on your lights? I ordered mine about the same time and received an email that said something about them having alot of orders to process for the military and that they would get to it as soon as possible. :awman:

Last edited: