Quick Hello

photovoltaic

Newly Enlightened
Well, I couldn't help but join - you all have way too much fun. I'm new to the premium flashlight world - after years of being frustrated with MAGs. It all started with an Inova X1 at Target a month ago (the older model). Since then, I've bought a Nightstar CS, an Inova X03, and I've just ordered a E2E from Lighthound that should be coming in the mail in a couple days. Oh, I also ordered an E1L direct from Surefire before I knew about you all - unfortunately, it is on backorder until who knows when. :ohgeez:
Good to meet you all. Yea, my wallet hurts already... :broke:

Tremendo

Enlightened
Welcome aboard. I've been here for about 2 months and it's amazing how many different types of flashlights there are and you can buy. Do the research here before you buy, and it will help you avoid mistakes. Remember, everyone has their own opinion on lights. Some things are facts, but most are opinions & personal experiences.

Tom

carrot

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF! I am still a relative newbie here, but I dove headfirst into this hobby and now I have $300+ worth of lights, in only 4 months! (Satisfied with every purchase so far, too.)

Don't forget to check out greenLED's CPF Specials thread -- you can save a lot of money, especially on Surefires that way. Link's in my sig.

photovoltaic

Newly Enlightened
Well, I have to tell you, I'm learning more about flashlights than I ever would have imagined. And having a great time doing it. My wife just rolls her eyes - not another hobby!:whistle:

Thanks GreenLED for the thread on CPF Specials

tron3

Banned
photovoltaic said:
... an Inova X03, ... Yea, my wallet hurts already... :broke:

The Inova X03 was my 2nd LED light, but my first high end one. When I later found models rated at 120 lumens, I kinda regretted buying it, but I fell back in love with it.

Sleek design with chrome tip, 82 lumens, HAIII, and a simple case to help show off the head on this baby. Not to mention it sucks batteries drier than Arizona. Simply incredible light.

2 out of 3 people "polled" spend more money as a result of this site. :whistle:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! I live in SE Ky and am still new at this and I really like this forum a lot, you will learn much here about lights & chargers, etc; These guys will really help you if you have any questions about something. Tom was right on target.

photovoltaic

Newly Enlightened
Hi Irp, I live in Irvine, a county seat town just east of Richmond, if you know where that is. Good to see another Kentuckian. CPF has really been a big help. I've been trying to gear up for a camping trip that I'm doing for church through Aldersgate, another camping trip I'm doing for the Boyscouts, and Boyscout summer camp. I figured that a couple good flashlights will be a necessity as I try and chase middle-schoolers all around Red River Gorge.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I know where Richmond is I went to EKU and graduated in 76. I live in Hyden, which is near Hazard. I really do enjoy this forum as I've met some great guys and have had several lights modded and have some nice lights. Like some say here, hold onto your wallet!!
I have never been to the Red River Gorge, but was planning to this fall. I hope you all have fun! If I can ever help you in any way just let me know (non technical questions of course!!).

photovoltaic

Newly Enlightened
lrp said:
Yes, I know where Richmond is I went to EKU and graduated in 76. I live in Hyden, which is near Hazard.
How about that, I graduated from EKU in '97. I was just down your way about 3 weeks ago, drove through Hyden on my way to a wedding. Small world...