E1E + KL1 = E1L ?

firefly99

Enlightened
Putting the KL1 to E1E, does it equal a E1L ?

The reasons why I am asking are:
a) E1E + KL1 seem shorter in length compare to a E1L
b) Switching to constant-on for both E1E+KL1 and E1L, it seem that E1L is generating more heat and thus feel warmer

Anyone notice these differences ?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Not quite.

The E1L features the KL1 bezel, E1e body and Z57 Clickie TailCap.

The E1e from time to time features either the standard LOTC or the Z57 so you could be right depending on whether or not your E1e came with a Clickie...

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your formula is correct. The only difference between the E1E body and the E1L body is the writing on the side.

There does not seem to be any logical reason why there should be any difference between a born E1L and an E1E with a KL1 head.

If one of your bodies has a clickie and one a twistie, there could be a small difference in length.

Mark

firefly99

Enlightened
During my constant-on test, I switch on both E1E+KL1 and E1L at the same time. After 15minutes, I noticed that E1E is warm, comfortable to hold while E1L is hot, uncomfortable to hold.

Why is a constant-on E1L much hotter ?

greenLED

Flashaholic
Could be due to LED Vf or something like that. :thinking:

Are those brand new batts you're using in both lights?
Are you setting them side-by side and in the same position (both standing, etc.)?

firefly99

Enlightened
greenLED said:
Could be due to LED Vf or something like that. :thinking:

Are those brand new batts you're using in both lights?
Are you setting them side-by side and in the same position (both standing, etc.)?
Yes, brand new batts in both lights.
I was holding 1 light in each hand without glove.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
The E1e's heat comes out the front of the light. The LED more or less radiates the heat back into the body, making it hotter. Remember that most of the energy going into a bulb or LED comes out as heat instead of light, and that heat has to go somewhere.