More Target Clearances

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I just got back from Target and seems some items
were on clearance. Dorcy 3D 1watt luxeon were $16
brinkman 2AA 1led was about $12. Blue river rock 2AAA
.5watt headlamp were $10.50 (grey were not on clearance)
They had green innova squeeze lights for $4 or so and most
of the river rock button cell lights were on clearance.
I also so a durasomething 4AAA 3led/CCFL light for $9.
Just remembered they had mag light addon sets with
clip, 2 lenses, lanyard for $2.78 and holster for $4.16.

I stumbled by Kmart to see the 4AA doublebright CCFL/LED
lights on clearance for $10 also.

I may have missed things and prices may differ depending on how
far along the clearance they are 15/30/50/75% etc.

Last edited:

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
ran to my local target today, none of the inova Keychain lights were on sale. scanned one of each color under the price checker and no luck. Grabbed another maglite Accessory pack though. No new inova X1s though, none at all. maybe there are more flashohalics in Upstate NY then i thought.:thinking:

Skyclad01

Enlightened
I went to my 2 local targets today and im sad to report that there was no clearence sales or new lights at all. I wish there was as I would more than love to pick up a few more of the river rock button cell keychain lights!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I only saw the clearance at one Target store out of 3 here..... but I have known from the past the stores clear out stuff at different times and different % off so it may be others start clearing stuff out in a week or so.

thezman

Enlightened
I'm afraid to go to Target, or any other store that sells flashlights.
I walk in to buy something else and it never fails, I always go to the flashlight section to see what they have. Sometimes I even forget what I went in for in the first place.

Went to the hardware store yesterday to buy some hex head bolts, I knew exactly where they were, but happened to glance down another aisle and a flashlight display caught my eye. I stopped and turned so fast I about gave myself whiplash. Saw a sweet 2D Mag in dark green for $20, didn't buy it because I don't need it and it was $3 more than I thought it was worth.

I'm going back on Monday to get it. :help:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I stopped by another Target late last night that I had been to about two days before and they had all the same stuff (that was still in stock) on clearance with nearly the same prices except the minimag holster was about $3.18 instead of $4 or so. I also recall Mag bulbs on clearance, not all of them just some of the PR based ones (whitestar?).
I noticed more of the lithium coin cell innovas in green were on clearance but as I tried about 6 of them I found about 2/3 of them didn't work right, they only had on/off and no other functions like low/high/strobe when the package stated they should have.
I was tempted to get a 3D dorcy but decided $16 is too much for a light that I dislike the extra long bulky form factor.

I also noticed the rayovac 2AAA 2LED headlamp on clearance for about $6.xx, the LEDs are one on top of the other seperated by the odd reflector arrangement. They had a few LED nightlights on clearance I passed on because single 5mm nightlights are a bit too dim for my taste.

Skyclad01

Enlightened
Lynx_Arc said:
I noticed more of the lithium coin cell innovas in green were on clearance but as I tried about 6 of them I found about 2/3 of them didn't work right, they only had on/off and no other functions like low/high/strobe when the package stated they should have.

Even after holding the switch/button down for 30 seconds didnt switch it over into the other mode?

Bozzlite

Enlightened
I went to Target this morning as soon as they opened. Pretty much everything that you said, Lynx Arc, was the same at my Target. I even tried 3 of those Inova button cell micro lights. (The green ones had clearance tags) One seemed to just have the on/off function. Didn't go to strobe. But I only tried it once.

They still have the Inova X1 with the fish eye lens. ($19.95) MM's were back to regular price. The accessory pak and holsters were on sale ($2.48 and $3.11 respectively) The 3D Maglites were on sale for the same price as the 2D. $16.98

One Dorcy 3D 1Watt left on the rack, but the package had been opened.
No Eddie Bauer stuff on sale.

I didn't buy anything, but was tempted to get a couple more of the copper MM's. Sheesh, I have so many Minimags now. Got a purple one on the way from Zbattery.

They don't seem to be restocking the Inova stuff.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Is that the trick to it? No, I didn't try that 30 second. I wonder if the electronics on the green ones is the same as the white ones and if you can change LEDs and batteries and have a white light for cheaper with a green case.

Skyclad01 said:
Even after holding the switch/button down for 30 seconds didnt switch it over into the other mode?

nightwalker

Newly Enlightened
I, was at Targets today and found on clearnce the Dorcy 3D 1 watt luxeon for $10.98 and the River Rock 0.5 5 watt head light for $7.48. Sooooo I, got them both :naughty:.

Last edited:

DaveG

Enlightened
I stopped at a target I dont go to that much,the only thing on clearance was Mag pr base bulbs, its seems to be hit or miss in these stores.

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
The target I went to had the dorcy 3d for 21 something!I want one for 10 bucks!

Lowes now has coast 3aaa lights as wellas some others!

AlexSchira

Enlightened
Mine has every Mag bulb and accesory for sale, the leather MM holster is even cheaper now than when I got one last month for 3.11, now it's 2.97! They're marking down the bulbs enough that my little theories of what the Mag LED will do to the market may have some meat to them. I know Nite Ize is going to start selling there now, pity they didn't sell off any rows of Mags with that Februrary price drop, they're probably making room for the NI and new stuff from RR. Mag LED? Way too early for that.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to Target today south of Boston. They had the RR 0.5w headlamps for 10.48 (except the Smoke color ones). They had the old X1s. The guy there said he hoped all this LED stuff would continue to get cleared out. He was tired of the "flash in the pan LED lights" and cannot wait until they only stocked real lights again with bulbs. I did get a new X1 at the Salem NH store.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lynx_Arc said:
I just got back from Target and seems some items
were on clearance. ....

Thanks for the tip. I bought another MiniMaglite accessory kit for $2.78 tonight.

The clearance prices at my local Target store are the same as what you posted. Interesting how the clearance price of the 2AA MiniMaglite leather holster (normally $5.99) is now $4.18. I bought one a few weeks ago at the same store when they were selling in the $3 range.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I am hoping to get a few more cheap 2AAA .5watt headlamps for under $10 because the 2 way switch looks like it could be useful for modding lights and the LED/circuit board also. I wonder if the switch would fit a fenix L1P and make it two stage without twisting?

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
The RR headlamp is still my favorite headlamp (and I have tried more expensive options) because of its small size and weight, it takes only 2 batteries, and it has decent output and runtime with a nice balance of spill and throw. I guess it just looks cheap (well, it is ;)) but folks looking for a decent headlamp don't know what a deal they are getting with this thing.

I really hope this clearance isn't indicative of Target/River Rock discontinuing the line. I'm not one to stock-pile dupes of lights I like, but I may need to have one of these headlamps on reserve "just in case," especially at just over $10 a piece.