Inova T1 failure

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today my favorite round the house light Inova T1, flickered and died. I changed batteries (good quality) still nothing. Q tip swabed inside tube saw some evidence of battery leakage... any suggestions??:awman:

Chris201W

Enlightened
That's funny, when I got my T2, the inside of the tube looked like there was a catastrophic battery leak that someone did their best to clean out at some point. I didn't bother returning it as it worked fine, the batteries looked good, and there wasn't any actual debris inside the tube, just splotches and whatnot on the walls of the battery tube.

Did your T1 look like there was a battery leak when you got it, or did you not look? I wonder if it's common for T series lights to be manufactured with less-than-pristine insides...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
My Gerber Trio had a "film" inside the tube - right out of the package with no batteries installed.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Therewas a good thread on this a few months ago. It seemed that most of the T or XO series lights had this corrosive looking stain. Someone asked Inova about it. They said it was done in the manufacturing process and was not a prior leak problem. I have personally found it in all 3 of my T3s, as well. Sorry to hear about your T1. Inova should give you good service on the light. I lost a tailcap in the wind during a blizzard here, and they sent me 2 new ones free of charge! Good luck and hope you get it back soon.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Changchung said:
Try this, put the battery, dont put the tailcap and jump with a wire the battery and the body of the flashlight...
Thank you very much for the posting, and thanks to all other replies as well.
I took this advice put the wire on the battery and before I could touch the body
with the wire, it flickered, then went out.I touched the body and battery, no light, then touched the battery with the wire and it lit again. Then I felt so confident that I replaced the endcap and VIOLA!! I must admit the the light did not seem like it was as powerful as before. Now I am convinced that althoght it does light, it is a shadow (no pun here?) of its former self. looks like I need to return it to INOVA

Last edited:

spoonrobot

Enlightened
you could also take off the tailcap and put a penny over the postive end of the battery and see if the light works.

Kershaw

Enlightened
fieldops said:
Therewas a good thread on this a few months ago. It seemed that most of the T or XO series lights had this corrosive looking stain. Someone asked Inova about it. They said it was done in the manufacturing process and was not a prior leak problem. I have personally found it in all 3 of my T3s, as well.

Just looked at my T2 and noticed the corrosive looking stain inside the battery tube, wierd.