Random light beamshots =)

Somy Nex

Enlightened
Well, last week was a good week, taking receipt of the DSpeck FireFly III and the HD-45. I've since added these to my 'standardized' corridor beamshot gallery, and here they are for any who are interested =) Links to complete galleries and the full/variable size pics are as follows:

First four pictures of the lights can be seen in various sizes at this page: http://www.pbase.com/somynex/beamshots
Various sizes of corridor shots can be seen here, along with comparable shots of all my other lights: http://www.pbase.com/somynex/corridor
Pics of the exercise bike can be seen here, again with comparable shots with a selection of my other lights: http://www.pbase.com/somynex/060101

hope this is of some use to anyone contemplating any of these lights, or just want some eye candy =)

somy =)

======

Pila GL4, SF A2, Gladius, SF U2, HD-45 LuxV

Pila GL4, SF A2, SF E2D, Peak CPF Special (Rainer), DSpeck FireFlyIII, Gladius, SF U2, HD-45 LuxV

Pila GL4, SF A2, Peak CPF Special, Jil Intelli, DSpeck FireFlyIII, SF U2, HD-45 LuxV

Fenix L2P, Fenix L1P, AA batt, Peak CPF Special, DSpeck FireFlyIII, CR123, Jil Intelli, CR2

SF U2 (Lvl1 - max) on 18650 batt

HD-45 LuxV (high) on 18650 batt

HD-45 LuxV (low) on 18650 batt

Jil Intelli on max

DSpeck FireFlyIII on max

----Also, took more beamshots on the exercise bike, which are directly comparable to the rest of my pics in that section. it's a bit of a mess right now for the earlier pics are separate, and the new pics are joined, but you can go to the gallery (link below) for a full comparison----

HD-45 (high)

HD-45 (low)

DSpeck FireFlyIII (max)

DSpeck FireFlyIII (high)

***took the same of the FireFlyIII on low, but not much came up on the camera. however, it was still definitely as useable as the HD-45 (low) or FireFly (high) with dark adapted eyes. Also, you can custom set the low/high levels on the FFIII***

Somy Nex

Enlightened
thanks jezzyp, offroadcmpr =)

So far I've only run my HD45 on 18650s for the beamshots, but even so it seems to be just ever so slightly brighter than the U2 on primaries, and definitely brighter than the U2 on 18650s (which some folks have recorded about a 10% drop if i remember correctly). The HD-45 definitely is a scorcher and though it may not be the best thrower or the best flooder, it does both very well such that it's probably occupying 2nd or 3rd place in both, beaten only by lights which are made to throw or made to flood.

anticipating my Raw NS anytime soon (damn the inefficient local postal services, i was one of the first to be sent my wee raw! :hairpull: )

Whitelitee

Newly Enlightened
your beamshots are awsome viewed full size great for comparing with two windows. Thanks for the great pics.:rock:

Somy Nex

Enlightened
thanks Whitelitee =)

always glad when these are useful to someone =) they do take some work to do, but then again, it's also pretty fun to do em too :D