Will Inova ditch the tiros and switch all their flashlights to reflectors?

widget

Newly Enlightened
The X1 & upcoming X02 are reflectors. Will Inova ditch the tiros and switch all their flashlights to reflectors?

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt it. Many really like the Inova beam, however, it is really only good in their higher powered lights like the T3/XO3/T4/T5. These lights are fairly bright, throw well, and make excellent use of the TIROS system with a large bright hotspot. The smaller lights like the X1 and XO really don't throw a bright enough hotspot, so they probably figured...Why stay with TIROS for these? If they work better with more flood, let's see if they sell. Looks like they might have been right. As far as switching the others, many buy their lights for to have the TIROS for medium throw. It's a cash cow for them. It is possible, however, that if sales of the small reflector lights go up, they might introduce reflector model versions of the current TIROS lights in addition to the existing models.

Last edited:

spoonrobot

Enlightened
I hope not. I find that the lower powered luxeon lights really benefit from the TIROS system.

In comparing two lights that are very similar in output and throw rating (the Inova T2 and the Fenix L2P) I found that the reflector just did not throw as usable a beam as the optic in the T2 for my uses. So I sold the Fenix and EDC the T2 at work.