Is the Nuwai Q-3 new tactical momentary/clickie switch reliable?

widget

Newly Enlightened
Is the Nuwai Q-3 new tactical momentary/clickie switch reliable? I just read that one person on this board has a problem with his.

Bozzlite

Enlightened
Yeah, that one person would be me. I had the light for 2 days when the clickie quit clicking. It won't stay in the ON position any more. I must hold the switch down continuously for the light to work.

I think the problem will be resolved in a few days tho, the vendor is sending me a new switch.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has had a problem with the new Q3 switch.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I think they mean new as in it has a forward momentary contact rather than the older style that had a reverse momentary that only works after you have clicked the light on. I got mine a month ago and it had the old style switch.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a hit or miss with the "newer" momentary switch. The only guarantee is if you get one from LED_Experimenter as all his are the newer switch. All it is is a bent wire soldered onto the board that squeezes in a bit to make contact when you first push the button down. If the button no longer clicks, that's the button failing and likely would have failed even if the momentary feature (bent wire) wasn't there.