E1L Packaging

Chris201W

Enlightened
I'm planning on buying an E1L this week from a local store and I would like to try out a couple different ones first to make sure I get a good tint etc. I was wondering if the package the E1L comes in would facilitate this, or if it would be a pain for the dealer. To those who have bought a new E1L, what do you think? Is the package easy enough to open and close back up that he would let me look at a few, or is there some kind of seal or something that has to be broken?

Protaeus

Enlightened
I believe that the most annoying part getting the e1L out would be the piece of tape which is used to keep the cardboard box lid closed. Apart from that, the moulded plastic container should just slide right out and the torch should fall out of that.

Chris201W

Enlightened
So unless the dealer doesn't want those plastic stickers cut, there shouldn't be a problem?

FredM

Enlightened
Mine came in the cheaper bubble pack. Not like the other lights like my L4. Maybe they quit that though.

carrot

Flashaholic
AFAIK dealers have a choice which they want. I recieved my SF G2 directly from Surefire; it came in the blister pack (difficult to open, had to cut the top).

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
mine came in a typical surefire box, as have all my surefires, just a piece of tape keeping the end closed, a simple cut and out it comes in the molded internal package, easy to check in just a few seconds. and easy to tape back up with a piece of clear tape.